Robot Construction Kit From Modular Robotics Lets You Build Your Own Bots At Home

Modular Robotics, a startup from Colorado has come up with a new product called 'MOSS' - a robot construction kit that let young kids as well as robotics enthusiasts who want to start with basics - build simple robots that exhibit certain complex behaviors just by combining sensor, logic and actuator blocks. This novel robot construction kit that you would want to gift the young engineers you know consists of magnetic blocks called 'Cubelets' that when put together can bring to life a variety of robots without the need of any programming or the hassle of wires and circuits. Each cubelet in the kit has different equipment on board and a different default behavior. There are Sense Blocks that act like our eyes and ears, Action blocks, and Think blocks.

Designed especially for kids, Modular Robotics' product MOSS has got a #-Link-Snipped-# and is up for getting funded. The company has also put up a number of lessons to help the users get started with the Cubelets kit. Those interested in building small dynamic robots that are reconfigurable and fun to make and use, MOSS robotics kit is a great starting place.

cubelets_kt06_box_w-cube

Along with the Action, Think and Sense cubelets - the company also offers rechargeable batteries and battery chargers. The MOSS blocks will use colour-coded connecting faces to help signpost how they need to be connected up for the blocks’ various functions to work. There are separate Bluetooth modules for data connectivity so you can pair the bot with a smartphone or computer and remote control it and sensor modules for detecting light or movement.

The small robots from MOSS are powered with a rechargeable lithium polymer battery. Users will be able to plug in with the included Micro-USB cable to recharge these individual bots. The company has shared that the final version of the robot kits will get ready by January or February 2014. Check out one of the videos that Modular Robotics has put up -

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The starting price of these kits is stated at $59.
    And here is a GIF from Modular Robotics that goes to say how easy-to-use these cubelets are!

ae1ba104f8b96476aa8041546f67859b_large
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Those interested in the project can visit the Modular Robotics Kickstarter project and back the team.

See here: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) has launched the automatic variant of its popular car - the Hyundai Grand i10. It is now being shared that the Grand i10 Automatic (AT)...
This question may be funny. Can any one tell me, why the sun is look bigger in the rising period. From 6AM to 6.30Am?. And also why the temperature is...
So now, news has it that Bajaj might be soon launching the Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS (SuperSports) in India. Though we aren't sure if the launch date is just a...
Here is something for EEs. Quote: Gabriel Anzziani in Sarasota, Fla. is trying to fund his 'wrist scope' project on Kickstarter. The gizmo is based on the same design as...
HI, I have read through few articles and about burj Dubai as well, the thing I have understood is there will multi level lifts available in those buildings for going...