RoboCop- An initiative taken towards BMW E-Patrol Dream !

[​IMG]

RoboCop- A Robot which will behave like the original traffic police, that can detect any speeding car exceeding threshold speed, can detect the direction in which the speeding went, will be able to decide its direction of follow, having dual steering (differential & ackerman steering), will follow the speeding car while giving them warning message to stop, can also stop them, live video streaming at central control room, manual override over auto drive mode possible at will by central operator, auto drive and chasing mode possible.

Made it when i was in my 3rd year of B.tech with slight less features as mentioned above. But yeah right now i am guiding one of my junior (Abhimanyu) making the same project while adding all the above mentioned features. What You all say about this CEans

BMW E-Patrol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robocop Abstract

Have you ever drived your vehicle without being pissed off by the rash driver’s driving fearlessly at a very high speed whilebreaking all of the traffic rules!? Or had you ever walked onfootpath without having fear of the rash driver’s? In the upcomingfuture when the technology will advance and more speedyvehicles will come which inturns will give more rash drivers! Andone question will remain the same “Will the peoples feel safer onthe road?” If walking on the footpath and driving on the road feelslike a homely welcome to you and for your ride while remainingboth enjoyful and safer, then you probably know that this dreamis expensive and unrealistic for the moment. Currently availabletechnology depicts that it can be done with expensive computerswith messy various interconnected systems. The recent depictedyear for having a full fledge Highway Patrol Cop “ROBOCOP” is2025 given by BMW. So, we would like to present our scope onROBOCOP, which is cheaper, multitasking, highly précised andhaving a very fast response time and also convenient to deploy.

Imagine a rash driver is being pursued by a driverlessautomatic car having his own mind and controlling it or taking thevehicle down. Today this dream can be realized with varioustechnologies but not taking all the technologies individuallyinstead by combining various system together to form a chain of parellely operated system operating to get the one goal whilereaming efficiently précised and speedy. In our ROBOCOP we areusing the power of ten 8-bit ATMEL microcontrollers withoperating speed of 16-25 MIPS (Million Instructions per Second)with various sensors and camera and a GPS. The robot itself willbe capable of taking decision which driver is driving rashly ordriving over speed and upon that decision it will start pursuingthat vehicle. It will also be connected to the central server onwhich you will be able to take over automatic control at your wish& control your ROBOCOP manually with the wireless technologywe are using is WIFI (802.11 BG) communication protocol which isa standard communication protocol now a days operating at 2.4GHZ frequency having a high security encryption. The possibilitiesfor its use are endless.

In this era of competition everyone is competing forperfection and excellence. In an extremely mechanized worldsuch as today’s it is necessary to make our life better, secure,convertible and economical. Despite of a daily hectic scheduleevery one wants a secure and comfortable ride to theirhome/destination. This is the purpose for which we decided todevelop a ROBO COP. This intelligent robot police are capable of making the road safer, comfortable and side by side making thetraffic rules to be obeyed. We hope that our project would behelpful in making the road safe, secure and comfortable.

The Robo Cop system is designed to provide convenient,precise and very logical decision for traffic rules control over awide network of our primary transportation system “road” withthe help of various Robo Cop networks. The system achieves thisvia an extremely simple and standard wireless network involvingrobot to robot communication and robot to central server thatmeans it leads to a coordinated robotics to achieve a single goal.

The Central Sever comprises a high end computer havingImage Processing Program & Artificial intelligence Programrunning on it (MATLAB, OPENCV, VISUAL C++) coupled with WIFInetwork and video receiver. The computer runs the primaryprogram that displays information on, and allows the system toreceive video signal and control and staus signals, then thecomputer will do its image processing part to get the license plateand then aritificial intelligence program will look into the transportdatabase to get the match upon match it will do the necessaryaction against it as programmed. The central server will also allowus to see all the activities done or being done by the ROBOCOP inreal time and give us a manual override option too incase if wewant to control from central server. It sends commands viaLAN/WLAN (wi-fi) connection to the ROBOCOP wi-fi receiver. TheRobocop will also send the GPS coordinate every sec to thecentral server to have a real time monitoring of vehicle position.

For the prototype, we decided to attempt to make theROBOCOP as simpler & faster as we can so it comprises the corestructure having one Master Board having ATMEGA-128 as theprimary controller and eight (8) slave board having ATMEGA8 ascontroller. The main communication system has one wifi module. The other things we are using are like GSM/GPRS module, GPSNavigation & surveillance, various sensors that will report loggingon the central server like radar, ultrasonic sensor, TSOP-IRSensor, fire sensor, speed detector, motion direction analyser,obstacle sensor, rain sensor, day night sensor, colour censor,temperature, humidity, smoke, with additional online cam with tiltand pan functionality for video output and two arms forcontrolling the rash driver’s vehicle. The mechanical structurecomprise various rpm motors having different torques with thererespective motor driver’s modules connected with thererespective controllers parallely.

RoboCop stands apart from other robots because its an newidea having full on board processing the main artificialintelligence with decision making algorithm. The board will have afull fledged RTOS having a fine tuned artificial intelligenceprogram coupled with parallel computing input from differentcontrollers. The master board has one dedicated communicationmodule and 8 different slaves having there own tasks individuallybut a common task to report back to master board for decisionmaking program to work. We are using parallel computing so thatthe low level task can be done without hindering the high leveltask which is very critical and also to get precision while attaininga high speed computing and control. Additionally, ROBOCOP willprovide video monitoring image processing and GPS coordinates /real time vehicle position with a centralized control through acentral control server via Internet or wifi that neither of theexisting systems can support on a mobile platform. The ROBOCOPovercomes various problem of traffic rules followance byproviding an interface to monitor and control without loosing anylife while being highly convenient and reliable (corruptionless).

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey... i am Fatma Amer from Egypt i'm student at computers & system department at Faculty of Engineering at Minia University i have 1 & half year to finish my...
It's most effortless video downloading method from Youtube : Step : - Open Terminal & Type sudo apt-get install youtube-dl - Now open Youtube.com & copy the Video URL. -...
Hello, Everyone I am a software engineer, I have done MCA and certification in Java, Php from Vskills Certification. How can i benefit from this forum.
why surface roughness is greater in hot rolled parts than cold rolled parts..................@@@@@@@@@##########%%%%%%%%%%%%%%?% answer as early as possible..... FINAL exam question..........
A ton of engineering students opt for post graduate studies thinking that they'll get a suitable job and an edge over their peers. However, recent study has discovered that only...