RLC Series Circuit

Guys,
Let's suppose we have a RLC series circuit feeded by tension source initially with no energy stored. When we apply an unitary step of tension at t=0 at the terminals of the circuit, we observe a current of i(t)=(125/24) * exp(-700t)* Sin(2400t) mA that goes around the circuit for t>0s.
I want to find the values of R, L, C.
I was trying to match the laplace transformation of the current above to the laplace transformation of the circuit for the current but no success.

Replies

• danilorj
    danilorj
    Let me explain it better
    The Laplace transformation of the given current is I(s)=12500/[(s+700)^2+2400^2]
    And if I apply the Kirchhoff Law Tension around the RLC series circuit I get
    I(s)=1/[s*(LC*s^2+RC*s+1)]. But I don't know what to do with this. They seem to be different, one has degree 3 and the other has degree 2 in the denominator.
  • danilorj
    danilorj
    And I think the best way of doing this is using the Laplace transformation, cause solving the differential equation would take a very hard work, and I don't think it's gonna work as well.
  • aicbal
    aicbal
    I(s)=12500/[(s+700)^2+2400^2]

the problem is in the above equation. you must mistaken to take laplace transform of unitary step as 1. but it should be 1/s. then your derived above equation contain s^3, then just compare with the standard equation.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are given a chance to change a single situation of you from the past. What situation would it be??? and why you choose that???
Hi Ceans, Here I am with another tutorial and as requested by goyal hope you guys get benefited by this.... NOTE: This tutorial is copyrighted to CE as its my...
My friend is looking for an Android phone and his budget is Rs. 20k. He's keen on getting an Android and wants a good quality camera. Post your suggestions 😀
1. What are the reasons for bed height variation in CFBC boilers. 2. Whether auto-control is possible? 3. Why furnace pressure should reach high (> 250mmWc)?
Is furnace draft auto-control possible in CFBC boilers?