Rising RAM prices?

Have any of you noticed how the prices for mainstream DDR2 RAM memory modules are rising nearly 150% this year? First time I've seen that kind of trend. Perhaps the industry is consolidating to persuade consumers to get DDR3, or perhaps supply fluctuated.

How are the prices of RAM modules like in your area, compared to earlier this year?

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Is that so... I suspect that

How can that be possible
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I heard that DDR 1 ram is costlier than DDR 2
  • NemesissisemeN
    NemesissisemeN
    it is more to do with the shift of production to ddr3 ram... i.e. ddr2 becomes expensive, producing it is a costlier hassle, not much demand.. same thing happened with ddr1, when the shift to ddr2 came, ddr1 prices skyrocketed...
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    NemesissisemeN
    it is more to do with the shift of production to ddr3 ram... i.e. ddr2 becomes expensive, producing it is a costlier hassle, not much demand.. same thing happened with ddr1, when the shift to ddr2 came, ddr1 prices sky rocketed...

I too think the same,shift in production may be the reason.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    NemesissisemeN
    it is more to do with the shift of production to ddr3 ram... i.e. ddr2 becomes expensive, producing it is a costlier hassle, not much demand.. same thing happened with ddr1, when the shift to ddr2 came, ddr1 prices skyrocketed...
    Good point.

And, its about darn time you joined CE 😛
  • NemesissisemeN
    NemesissisemeN
    ash
    Good point.

And, its about darn time you joined CE 😛

i'm always fashionably late... 😉
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    haha, don't forget to intro yourself here! #-Link-Snipped-#

(I expect some words about how cool your buddy Ash is, *grin*)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Comcast and General Electric announced early this morning that they agreed to form a joint venture that will be 51 percent owned by Comcast and 49 percent by GE. The...
Source: Nokia offers sneak peak at improved 2010 Symbian user interface -- Engadget You know that new Symbian user experience promised by Nokia next year? Want a sneak peak? Although...
Hi all, I recently moved south to Bangalore and I am working for a large software integrator mainly testing. My project team is working on web service project. We plan...
India's third largest IT services exporter Wipro will recruit 8,000 people in the next four-five months. Of this, about 5,000 will be hired in the next two months, joint CEO...
CEans, One of the leading social networks on the Web, FriendSter is going a major makeover. Watch following video: [youtube]6WoqWUqV1yw[/youtube]