RIP Dennis Ricthie

Dennis Ricthie, the developer of "C" language and UNIX passed away yesterday. The world is goona miss him....😔

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I missed the chance to interview this great personality. RIP Dennis!

We do have the interview with inventor of C++ : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    RIP Ritchie, We will remember you every time we write "unsigned char i".
  • Sakthi Charan
    Sakthi Charan
    Dennis ritchie is the Legendary Hero ! Without him No Communication, No Windows, No Unix ...... Etc Etc...... Thanks for your Invention...... World will remember you always ........
  • vinci
    vinci
    a great developer is no more with us .Hats off to his contribution as because of his work today we have web applications and internet world that runs by websites.He will always be remembered
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Engadget mentions that Rob Pike, a google engineer has confirmed that Dennis Ritchie passed away over the weekend.

Last weekend was 8th and 9th Oct.. And it was announced only yesterday. Even after that, there seems to be not much reaction to this..

Was this because this event was masked by the death of an even more influential and captivating personality? I don't know.

Anyway, RIP Mr. Ritchie. C is one of my most favorite programming languages. C is also the language that I used to learn serious programming.

We are all indebted to you!! RIP!!
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Dennis Ritchie: The Shoulders Steve Jobs Stood On
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    #include
    void main()
    {
    char a[]="Rest in Peace Dennis!\nWe will miss you!";
    printf ("%s",a);
    }

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Blackberry service outage since last few hours has been affecting thousands of BB users across the world. The problem that initiated in Europe and Middle East soon spread across various...
😀😀 i am doing ME in embedded system technologies. please help me to find a project for my course.
What exactly is Youtube Space Lab? Well, Youtube with Lenovo, in cooperation with Space Adventures, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the European Space Agency (ESA), and the Japan Aerospace...
Mr. Raj Dutt, the CEO of APIC Corp and Photonic is an IIT Kharagpur Alumnus. His company has developed an energy efficient next-generation chip that has impressed the Pentagon. THe...
Some of the famous quotes by Dennis Ritchie: A program designed for inputs from people is usually stressed beyond breaking point by computer-generated inputs. The only way to learn a...