Right suggestion for exams

hello fri'ds
plz tell me, what i should do?
im in TE now,& i want 2 give GATE as well as UPSE EXAM IN ENGINEERING SERVICES in next year only so would you think, is it possible 2 prepare for both this exam & also final yr, studies? if yes how i should go for it😕

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Priya,

I'd recommend that you should focus on one of the exams. Do a thorough study of the competition, amount of effort required & if it would be possible for you to dedicate sufficient time every day.

There are lot of students who prepare for GATE in third & final year of engineering. Get in touch with your seniors who have prepared for GATE & UPSE go get a clear idea of what is expected out of candidates who prepare for these exams.

All said & done, both the exams lead you to different career tracks. So have you decided which career track you want to follow? If not, do that first. This is the most important step.
  • ratnotech
    ratnotech
    4 u.

hi priya.
    ratnesh here. even i am gonna writ gate tis yr though i am in pre final yr.
    bout ur column ill suggest u to better read (urself). UPSC is a knee wrenchin goal.
    u should choose ur goal by ur interest nt by class..
    gotta go..
    all the bst.tk
    oops i 4got... HAPPY NU YR...
  • nileshchakkar
    nileshchakkar
    Priya,
    Your approach is very good but you cant goes for both exams simultaneously. As per GATE is concern if you work hard definately you will get success. So i think prefer for GATE first.
    As per UPSC is concern its a toughest exam in our country which i ever seen. Its require a lots of preparation and as we are studying now so we cant focus on it as we unable to give so much time for it .

So better way try GATE first and think of UPSC after ur BE .

Thats all .
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    GATE syllabus is mostly dependent on your college curriculam and its objective type test,were as,UPSC exams also require theory preparations,since you have age on your side as u can gice IES upto 30yrs of age you can try for it even after your BE,as everyonr suggect go for one examination at a time now you sholuld prepare for GATE
  • Shreya P@ndey
    Shreya P@ndey
    You have multiple career options in front of you, the top 4 according to me are -
    1. Government Job
    2. Private sector Job- Corporate/startup job
    3. Research Job - PhD
    4. Startup - Building your own/family business

The 5th option would be to pursue higher studies aboard or in India.

As you are currently in the final year, you can think of preparing for #-Link-Snipped-#.Usually, it takes about 2 years of preparation to crack UPSC or any other Government Jobs 2023 Latest Govt Jobs Notifications of 123,129 Vacancies exam. So begin early on.

Or you can choose a private sector job for now and in parallel prepare for either of the remaining 3 options if that happens to be your long-term goal.

You need to set your goals early on as to what kind of life you are aiming for in the long-term

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello sir, I m abhijeet ingle, an engineering 3rd year student,of electronics & telecommunication branch. I have logged for crazy engineers recently and have found it very interesting. I would...
CEans, Tata's Nano, the Rs. 1 lakh car was recently introduced. I personally believe that its one of the greatest engineering achievements and a good example of how engineering can...
hey guys this is urgent......im thinking of giving a seminar on nano communication and assembler design but im not able to find good enough material related to it.... PLZ PROVIDE...
hiiiiii friends i've just registered the crazyengineers can any1 tell me good topics 4 mini project in vb
can any one plz write to me the significance of "back emf" in came of d.c. motors....plz write to me at " anshulkr123@rediffmail.com " .... plzz do reply soonnnnnn