Right cities to take GRE exam..?

Could you please suggest some cities to take GRE test where the paper will be somewhat easy..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shaikbabu1
    Could you please suggest some cities to take GRE test where the paper will be somewhat easy..
    GRE is a computer adaptive test. That means, computer will determine the level of difficulty based on your performance in the test. If you answer one question correctly, then the next question will be of somewhat greater difficulty. If you answer a question wrong, then the next question presented to you will be of lower difficulty.

I doubt whether the level of difficulty depends on the city or center.
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    The_Big_K
    GRE is a computer adaptive test. That means, computer will determine the level of difficulty based on your performance in the test. If you answer one question correctly, then the next question will be of somewhat greater difficulty. If you answer a question wrong, then the next question presented to you will be of lower difficulty.

I doubt whether the level of difficulty depends on the city or center.
    Do you mind me correcting a few things that you mentioned..?
    Now the revised GRE is not question adaptive, it is section adaptive.. If you answer one section correctly, the following section will be difficult and not the consecutive questions.
    I recently appeared for GRE and this is what i get to know from ETS' website..

And yes, there is no such thing like your paper would be less difficult if you choose a different city or location for your test.. It is online and hence is kept uniform all over..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dikshalakhe
    Do you mind me correcting a few things that you mentioned..?
    Now the revised GRE is not question adaptive, it is section adaptive.. If you answer one section correctly, the following section will be difficult and not the consecutive questions.
    I recently appeared for GRE and this is what i get to know from ETS' website..

And yes, there is no such thing like your paper would be less difficult if you choose a different city or location for your test.. It is online and hence is kept uniform all over..
    Not at all ๐Ÿ˜€ , we're on the quest for correct information. I thought the new GRE keeps the adaptive pattern the same. Thank you for the update.
  • shaikbabu1
    shaikbabu1
    Oh.. ! Thank you friends..but , some of my friends suggested to take the exam in Hyderabad (Where the paper will be easy )...that's why i asked this question..anyway, thanks once again for clarifying my doubt
  • Manashree Thokal
    Manashree Thokal
    Yes, it is section adaptive. Center should not matter :/
  • shaikbabu1
    shaikbabu1
    I got 970 score in GRE's previous pattern ....Can i get any good universities in USA ? My btech percentage was 80% and at present i'm doing job..please reply

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

someone plz tell me why does d center tapping of transformer gives 180 degree phase shift at 2 sides of secondary?
hey guys ๐Ÿ˜€ thnx 2 admin 4 this group โ€‹โ€‹
๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Žโ˜•๐Ÿ˜
With the the current technology advancement its been predicted that Moore's law will breakdown in next 15-20 years this will be because the number of transistors on a chip will...

hi

this is narayan, happy to join the group, i am from dharwad karnataka where i did my schooling and did my my civil engg B Tech from Pune and M...