CrazyEngineers
  • netzoss
    netzoss

MemberJan 26, 2014

RFM70 Power Down

Hi,

I am trying to bring the RFM70 into Power Down mode. I do that by setting the Power Up bit (Bit 1) in the CONFIG register (Register 0 in Bank 0) to 0. This does have an effect. I do see power consumption drop. However, it only drops to about 90 µA. That is far more than the 3 µA specified in the data sheet. I measured power consumption on every pin and found that nothing is consumed on any connection with the MC. So it seems that the RFM70 itself is consuming the 90 µA although in Power Down mode.
    Has anyone got the RFM70 close to the 3 µA from the data sheet or does anyone know if there is anything needed in addition?

Thanks!
    Netzoss
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • netzoss

MemberJan 26, 2014

I am running it on 3.6 V
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberJan 29, 2014

Hi @#-Link-Snipped-#,
    I had done some work with RFM70 but I have never tried to send it in sleep mode. You may like to keep an eye on your MCU as well as RFM70. If possible try to isolate their supply and measure current.
    Cancel
  • netzoss

MemberJan 30, 2014

Thanks Harshad,

I figured it out. The module was actually broken in some way. I replaced it with another and it works like charm, just as documented.

Regards,
    Robert
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberJan 31, 2014

netzoss
    Thanks Harshad,

I figured it out. The module was actually broken in some way. I replaced it with another and it works like charm, just as documented.

Regards,
    Robert
    Great ! 👍
    Cancel
  • J Biswas

MemberJan 31, 2014

RFM70 does give 5uA in power down mode, as we have checked.
    Although if you try changing the 30M crystal the machine "might" behave normally again.
    We use 2500 from chipcon instead, that eats less than 1uA in low power mode.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register