Reverse Engineering of ALU of Microprocessor 8085 : Surprisingly Complex.

I just found a very interesting stuff from Ken Shirrif's blog on Reverse Engineering of Arithmetic Logic Unit Microprocessor 8085.

To anyone who wants to read the full detail on how the ALU really works & to people who like to play on with gates,take a look on : Inside the ALU of the 8085 microprocessor

This dude has very interesting blog 👍

Replies

• arunchary
    arunchary
    awesome engineering, good stuff Troll its really help for me to teach in my internship thanks for you kind information..
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    arunchary
    awesome engineering, good stuff Troll its really help for me to teach in my internship thanks for you kind information..
    You would love to read this too Silicon reverse engineering: The 8085's undocumented flags
    Undocumented Flags V & K of 8085 explained !
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    How 8085 Microprocessor decodes instructions internally ?

The set of PLAs are used to decode the instruction.
    Arrangement of PLA in the chip is shown in figure given below :

pla-labeled

The instruction ROM decodes into 48 other instruction groups.
    Check this image :

Screenshot from 2013-02-25 08:56:23

Image from Ken Shirrif's blog.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On Feb 2, 2013 , I stumble upon The Hindu Editorial, "Like poetry for software" , in which they are comparing open source programmers with Mirza Galib (The Godfather of...
I was trying to install Xampp in my Vista OS..but because of UAC turned on,I am not able to use all the features of Xampp,during installation it asks me to...
hey buddies .. i'm doing my Btech in Computer Science and Engineering... currently im in 2nd year ... Recently I heard about the express diploma courses offered at niit near...
Hey! i want to make some innovative project on this platform in 1 week. But i need some innovative idea. i have done "Lcd,DTMF,LED Blinking,USART which contain PC controlled Robot,"....
i'm preparing for gate 2013 help me how to crack it. only 6 days for gate exam i afraid to write a exam suggest me some ideas please.