Returning to IT after 3 years gap

Hi #-Link-Snipped-#,
I had completed my diploma in computer engineering in 2010.after diploma because of some reason i had leave IT field but now i want to go in IT filed & make my carrier i am not so much comfort in development so please suggest me best work area for my carrier...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Welcome to CrazyEngineers. You can tag any member by writing the username after @ sign, just like I wrote yours in this post.

Sejalshah92
    i had leave IT field
    How many years of experience did you get after diploma?

Sejalshah92
    i am not so much comfort in development so please suggest me best work area for my carrier...
    You will have to figure out what domain in IT looks interesting to you and then build your skills-set. Look at various domains in IT like networking, QA, IT-administration, technical writing and so on. You are welcome to ask your questions in this discussion.

Note: Opting for testing because you are NOT interested in 'development' may go seriously wrong. You might think you're into wrong career and it will be too late to change field.
  • Sejalshah92
    Sejalshah92
    After diploma i have worked as a admin Executive for 3 Years.
  • Sejalshah92
    Sejalshah92
    Now i want to really go for Software testing else web development..kindly suggest for same..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sejalshah92
    After diploma i have worked as a admin Executive for 3 Years.
    It's not clear if you really worked on any technology. You've mentioned that you are not very interested in development; so I'm hesitant about suggesting web development.

Frankly speaking, it's very difficult to suggest any career path without knowing what are you really interested in. The most sensible thing to do is to find out all the domains that look interesting to you (irrespective of money, jobs etc.) and develop your skills-set.

Web development, animation, testing, hardware, networking, technical writing, system administration... there are so many fields that can be thought of as a part of IT. You will have to figure out which of these looks interesting to you - something you will enjoy working on.

If you have no preferences, I'd suggest join a software testing course and find out if the world of QA / testing looks interesting to you. You can then think about pursuing a career in that domain.

No one here can make suggestions about what kind of career you should opt for.
  • Sejalshah92
    Sejalshah92
    Thanks..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The genius engineers at the Harvard John A Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS) have developed 'RoboBee'. The Robobee is a first of its kind miniature robot that...
Hi, My name is Nurzaman Khan, 24, From Assam, Currently residing in New delhi. My story is the same old story of over 1000000 unemployed engineers in india desperately looking...
Many happy returns of the day, @Harshad Italiya ! Have a wonderful day and enjoy!
Chinese smartphone maker Meizu developed its own firmware with Flyme OS, the first version of which was released in June 2012. Flyme's simple yet beautiful design was praised by critics,...
Gionee is on a launching spree and this time the talks are of a new smartphone in its Elife series being launched at an event happening on November 16th. It's...