Retrieving drop-down-menu data

hey guys.

this may be very trivial, but i cant figure out a way...

i want to retrieve the data entered by the user through a drop-down-menu using POST method.

I am unable to do so...

kindly suggest

P.S. I am how to retrieve text-field data from a form, but not drop-menus....

thx...

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Its the same way hbk. In PHP, you rerieve only the value field of selected item in the drop down box.

So lets say, if the dropdown box have a following dropdown box
    , then when you select C and submit, you can access $yourBox as you would for your text inputs, and the value of the same would be 3.

Capisce?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi frnds. this is something which may seem foolish to ask, but i have been beating my head against the wall at the frustration of not being able to get...
Hello thar! My name is Tyler, and I'm a 15 year old female who plans on majoring in electrical engineering at Louisiana Tech. I joined this forum to gain information...
Im currently doing my final year project which is the intelligent grounding system... But im not sure abt certain parts of my project, and i cant ask my advisor too...
Is June designated to be a wedding season? I had to attend a couple last week (which accounts for my hiatus from CE), and knew about half a dozen more....
Let's collect all our favorite one-liners in this thread Rule: Only one per post ! Mine is - 😁 "I don't believe in miracles, I rely on them" 😁