"Resume" : How To Make A Resume That Stands Out From The Crowd

Please give me an idea to make my resume in a different way.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved from CS engineering section to #-Link-Snipped-# section.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's an idea - upload a resume template that you've developed on your own so that we all can suggest changes to it. That way, you'll have an original resume for yourself.
  • apple6
    apple6
    Thank you very much.........
  • santh123
    santh123
    Here is the solution for your query. You can visit this site which will guides about How to write a resume in a standard & in a professional format. So that your resume gets shortlisted for the next round. Because most of the chances for getting selection in a company depends upon your resume only. So you must create your resume in a professional & in standard format.
    So,for more information about How to write a resume you can visit this site(link):-
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    The_Big_K
    Here's an idea - upload a resume template that you've developed on your own so that we all can suggest changes to it. That way, you'll have an original resume for yourself.
    please suggest me changes in this resume
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# :

1. Overall, the resume looks good; but please be aware that there's a difference between "Implant" and "In-plant". I think you meant the later in your resume. Correct it.

2. Secondly, as an interviewer; the resume looks 'Just Another Fresher Resume' to me. Why not divert my attention to the things you want me to focus on? For example, if you're very good at one subject; why not mention it as under "Topics Of Special Interest" or "Key Skills" etc.? That makes your resume different from others and if I were to ask questions I'd start asking questions on what you've mentioned as your strengths.

3. I'd even elaborate a bit on what were the learnings, experience of in-plant training.

4. Why not talk a bit more about the presentation that you did in Wireless Power Transfer?

It not only gives me more idea about what you did but also gives you a chance to control the direction of the interview!
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# :

2. Secondly, as an interviewer; the resume looks 'Just Another Fresher Resume' to me. Why not divert my attention to the things you want me to focus on? For example, if you're very good at one subject; why not mention it as under "Topics Of Special Interest" or "Key Skills" etc.? That makes your resume different from others and if I were to ask questions I'd start asking questions on what you've mentioned as your strengths.
    We had a placement training lecture, in our college. They suggested us not to add any "topics of special interest ". If we do so, the questions will be harder on the particular field else the questions will be random and its easy to tackle it.
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# :

3. I'd even elaborate a bit on what were the learnings, experience of in-plant training.
    Do you mean to say, under which I have done in-plant training. For example, In tneb, Its of a distribution substation, we mainly concentrated on protection of transformer. Do you mean to mention all these details.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    #-Link-Snipped-#. Whether it will be good to add about the project, which was done in the final year.

Like,
    done the project in collaboration with integral coach factory
    have presented a paper in national level conference.
    won 2nd prize in national level project explora
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, the point is you'll give pointers to the interviewer about what they should ask.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a world record submission video of 100 balloons falling like dominoes in a single file line. Using a 750mW - 1000mW (1W) Spyder III Krypton Laser the record...
Many of us still wonder about the difference between the two high definition broadcast standards - 780 pixels and 1080 pixels. Can anyone here explain it in simple terms?
A program p calls two subprogram p1 and p2.p1 can fails 50% times and p2 can fails 40% times .then p can fail a)50% b)60% c)10% d)70%
I have a project on PIC16F876A micro controller, I have the complete coding in .txt and .c files and I want the .hex file for it. I have tried MPLab...
News has it that Facebook is testing a new feature called Highlight that allows users to pay some fee like $2 to promote their posts, making them more prominent in...