CrazyEngineers
  • I have 2 HDs : 1) 320 GB 2) 500 GB
    320 GB HD includes OS, I have alloted 220 GB for /home, rest is alloted to / , /boot & Swap.
    I need to increase /home by 50-60 GB more but there ain't any space in primary HD.
    The secondary HD have 240+ GB of space free. What I wanna know, is there any possible tweak/way with which I can link 50GB space from secondary HD to /home of Primary HD ?
    Can both memory of different hardware can be integrated in any possible way ?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • pradeep.pawar

MemberAug 27, 2013

Abhishek Rawal
    I have 2 HDs : 1) 320 GB 2) 500 GB
    320 GB HD includes OS, I have alloted 220 GB for /home, rest is alloted to / , /boot & Swap.
    I need to increase /home by 50-60 GB more but there ain't any space in primary HD.
    The secondary HD have 240+ GB of space free. What I wanna know, is there any possible tweak/way with which I can link 50GB space from secondary HD to /home of Primary HD ?
    Can both memory of different hardware can be integrated in any possible way ?
    Nice question, but I have seen two 500 GB HDDs considered as 1TB in RAID technology
    Check this if helps:#-Link-Snipped-#
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Anand Tamariya

MemberAug 27, 2013

Logical volume manager (LVM) is your answer. It might be a little cumbersome now that you have some data in /home - but worth investment of time for future such expansions.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register