Researchers say turn off your phone to be happy!

Researchers have found out that turning off your mobile phone can lead to some greater happiness in your life. This 'staying connected' thing is directly turning into unhappiness in people's lives. Read: Want to be happy? Just switch off your cell phone: Expert - The Economic Times

Do you agree with the research?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    Do you agree with the research?
    I haven't read this article.But I agree on that.
    More than "Switching The Phone OFF",I think "Throwing The Goddamn Modem" in the dustbin leads you to peace of mind.

I was once addicted to Facebook & World Of Warcraft - Now detoxified!
    Both of 'em needs broadband,It was too damn tough to quit those two things in the beginning.
    I wake up & first website I used to browse was facebook & then WoW forum.It was like daily routine.Finally realised it's nothing but a mindfuck!

Now,I wake up & I browse CE first - CE is way better than FB.
    But hey anything "too much" is not healthy.So, slowly slowly I am trying to spend much less time in CE too.

Point is : Cell-phone ain't bad, Internet is the Real Devil ! 😡
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That might just change too soon you'll discover the new stuff we're working on for CE 😉
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm,,
    have you heard about #-Link-Snipped-#??
    The whole concept of moodoffday revolves around switching your mobile off for specific number of hours on lastsunday of feb. 😁
    Its tag line stats - breakfast before browsing.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am doing this for the last three weeks.
    Not using cellphone between 10 am to 6 pm.
    Definite increase in productivity. (+ more time to build interpersonal skills. 😛)
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Not using cell phones really gives a peace of mind, specially when you are engaged in studies or some work then it is always beneficial to off the phones..
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Write now coordinating an Event keeps me stuck to my cell phone But in the long run I sort of hate each and every moment of it

Too much of anything is not advisable even if it is a small thing

That is my opinion and I don't give a damn if you think otherwise

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

similarly if a transformer is given DC what will happen?
So what are blueprints ? and how do they differ from an engineering drawing ? are these things the same thing, with the exception that the former is printed on...
Auto rickshaws have one wheel in the front and two in the rear. now here is a crazy idea : how about a car with two wheels in the front...
E&TC or communications students looking for latest seminar topic may pick up '4K broadcasting technology'. The topic is quite latest - and is very interesting. Japan will soon become the...
Infrabel of Belgium owns the railway tracks and the amazing machines that lay tracks on the go. Amazing feat of mechanical engineering. An absorbing 5 minute video: https://dc132.file.qip.ru/flash/play.../aefc0a75_kak_kladut_relsi.html&sharing.code= (From Asif...