Researchers Develop An Advanced 3D Control System To Strengthen Security Of A Trawl System

This New Year’s eve would you make a resolution list filled with winter special? If so, could Ice-fishing ever take up some space out of it? Then you might relate to the technological advances Dr. Zhao Yan and his team at the Wuhan University of Technology have ushered to rejuvenate a less popular section with electronics and control systems. The difference is that the research is about a bigger picture where a trawl system is used professionally to catch fish and serve a business with it.

There is a difference in the trawling techniques and types and as per the convenient sources semi-pelagic trawls are more advanced and used to capture fishes that live close to the water surface. Referring to its corresponding research paper, the team promises to bring a 3D tracking control system coupling with the net to help it follow complicated trajectory with ease.

acoustic_trawl

The trawl system is made up of a set of mass-spring-bar. The movement of that trawl system can be mathematically explained using the state space equations. Further, a hierarchical backstepping controller is developed that powers the trawl system and its subparts ie. connected otter boards. As required, for analyzing the complete control instruction of the system, the state space model has been sub-divided in 6 parts.

The system is based upon lower and higher order state variables. For constructing the control outputs of the higher order variables, the team advanced a control algorithm based on a Sigmoid function. The method developed in this process has integrated fuzzy control was named "S-plane control” theory. Finally the data applied over a simulation project was tested successfully proving the usability of their research in empowering the security of trawl systems. The results were then published in the the Open Cybernetics & Systemics Journal.

Source: A Parallel Hybrid Controller based on the Backstepping Method and S-plane Control for Three-dimensional Tracking of a Semi-pelagic Trawl System

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi ... iam ravi confused to choose IT JOB OR NETWORKING JOBS iam from (ECE) background and i got placed in private telecommunication company please suggest me how to become...
I am new to CE as well as engineering world as I graduated in ECE in 2016 and I am going to sit in Gate 2017.
Problem : How To Check CheckBox From Multiple CheckBoxes On WebPage Using Data Driven FrameWork(Excel) In Selenium WebDriver with JAVA. Scenario : I am currently automating a form where I...
LG Electronics (LG) has planned to preview advanced robot technologies at CES 2017, to showcase its innovations in artificial intelligence. AI is expected to be a major theme of CES...
Samsung is resisting the urge to make new smartphones and instead focusing on revamping its existing range with every New Year. Just like it did before, it has announced upgraded...