Research type jobs for B. Techs

Hi,

I am a graduate in CS with 2 years experience. I have aptitude for R & D. Just wanted to know if R&D kind of jobs exist in industry for graduates(I mean, not requiring an Mtech or an phd)?

Thanks in advance. The answer would probably be useful for many out there.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    R&D jobs do exist for computer science engineers; but they are very rare in India. There aren't many technology companies that contribute to the advancement of technology.

Infosys, has dedicated R&D lab, where they work on technological advancements in the services sector. Check our exclusive small talk with Infy's Subu Goparaju : #-Link-Snipped-# , but their selection criteria might require an advance degree.

I think first thing for you to do is to define the areas in computer science where you'd like to do your research. For example you may have to narrow down on databases or large-scale PHP deployments or data-center management systems, Java Core enhancements, networks, big data, graphics processing etc.

Once the domain is narrowed down, you can start looking for the companies that operate heavily in that domain.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    When you are writing a NEW application, you are doing R&D, aren't you?
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    ISRO has a R&D background. They are currently looking for young CS Engineers. Take a look on their website. However, most of the positions for Research Scientist, require Ph.D and M.Tech Degrees.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Olu Engineering trade: Electrical & Electronics Engineering Occupation: Student Interests: Reading and dismantling old electronic devices. Aim in life: To be an inventor Why I Joined: To get connected...
Hello. My name is Allan Hugo. I am a chemical engineer. I was actively involved in the academic community where I taught Chemical Engineering courses in Chemical Engineering Department of...
what does a pole and zero signifies in a filter....
hi my name is MOHSIN KHAN, i found this website via Naukri.com. I belongs to engineering field, i am pursuing BE in Electronics&communication branch. I am a final year student.
i hav downloaded dojo toolkit, n as in instructions in https://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-01-2009/jw-01-introduction-to-dojo-1.html?page=3, i hav created d folders also, i want to run javascript program via Xampp. bt my file hello. html...