Requisites for making project based on java.

I wish to make my final year project based on java. But i just have the basic knowledge of core java.
I do think that for making a project in java , i also need to learn Advance java, jsp, javascript and the other related subjects.
As i don't have that much time to learn all the stuff, i want someone to tell me what would be the proper sequence and selection of studying so that i may be able to make my project.
I would appreciate your help and guidance.๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    For a project,you must know the basics and logics of the a language,I would suggest you to study "Complete reference" for java,if you dont have much time,you can select topics which are needed for your project,which you will surely find in this book.

Whats the topic for your project?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    And I suggest you with Head First Servlets. They are really simple and great for Servlets to start with... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sookie
    sookie
    I would say learn basic of everything[required for your project] just as to give a momentum to the project and while doing development of your project, if you find that you need to get into depth of topic because your project [I don't know the title yet] depends lot on that, then learn it in depth and finally complete the project.
  • mojo
    mojo
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
    @ whats in name: Topic is not yet decided. I think even for deciding the topic, i need to have some knowledge first.

I think in the following sequence i should study:
    Core java, Advance java, jsp, javascript and html.
    Am i right?
    keep html after java... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • mojo
    mojo
    I made the list but it will take a long time to learn all the things.
    So, here goes my final question:

Can i do a major project with the knowledge of core java and html only ?
    If yes, then Please suggest the topics. Otherwise, suggest some other topics with minimal requirements including core java.
    I would be thankful.
    If you wanna do a major project, yeah, with Java, you need to learn many things...

In simple words, learn PHP and HTML, just two dummies books and you can do wonders... That's for sure... ๐Ÿ˜ I am a PHP Developer... ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Fluid mechanics is an important lecture on the topic of fluid mechanics from mechanical engineering. Check this out. A Review of fluid mechanics. Important Lecture Series on Heat and Mass...
Lecture Series on Heat and Mass Transfer by Prof. S.P.Sukhatme and Prof. U.N.Gaitonde, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay. Discuss this lecture with fellow mechanical engineers. Ask your questions, doubts...
Hello everyone, I am working with AVR UC3C and I need to use the PWM counter. I want the counter to start at the begining of period (and go upto...
Lecture Series on Heat and Mass Transfer by Prof. S.P.Sukhatme and Prof. U.N.Gaitonde, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay. Discuss this lecture with fellow mechanical engineers. Ask your questions, doubts...