Requesting for a new sub-section

Hi all crazy CEans!!
I have a great idea to increase the number of active member. When I first got the idea & I contacted godfather for help. He said me that post a thread in suggestion section. So here I am posting this suggestion. The idea is about starting a new sub-section in CE-Project section. This section should named
Do It Yourself
or anything better. This sub-section contains the thread related to DIY projects. We can add DIY project overselves, or even a member can start a new thread asking for help to fellow CEans. This will help lots of engineers who are looking forward to make project himself, but dont find a good & clear guidance. I firmly believe that by this manner the number of active members will be increased, cause majority of engineers visit CE only for project. I too joined CE this way but than I attracted by the active and crazy members of CE & I felt that I can also be among of those crazies, and now I am active in CE. Thats what I am thinking about. We can get some more active CE members by starting such a sub-section.
Post your suggestions about this and also tell that whether such section should be started or not.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Yes Rajdeep I had PMed to Biggie and Ash.. lets see the More Comments from other CE active Members.

The Advantages is that by DIY project new member may be impressed by our Currently active CE members and we hop he also become one good Contributor to CE !!

-godfather
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Well we have to Collect DIY projects First of all.
    i can share some of Mine with a Good Format...
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    Good idea, but a different sub-section is not needed, a thread would do with the first page being an index.. πŸ˜€
    Like one of those warez music/movies thread lol

see this just for the example of organizing stuff with an index page within a thread. πŸ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-#

and sorry for the No in the poll, happened accidentally πŸ˜”real answer is YES. πŸ˜€
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    I dont think so that maintaining thread as index will be good. If we want to share DIY project than there is no problem but if we want discussion about any project than anyone has to start a new thread, which will be mixed up with other projects thread which will be not so useful. Anyway thanks for your support.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    RajdeepCE
    I dont think so that maintaining thread as index will be good. If we want to share DIY project than there is no problem but if we want discussion about any project than anyone has to start a new thread, which will be mixed up with other projects thread which will be not so useful. Anyway thanks for your support.
    OK yeah you have a point there. :smile:
    Maybe having a sub-forum won't be bad idea then. 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    RajdeepCE
    Good Point Rajdeep..

Need Suggestion form some Big Head of CE πŸ˜’
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Sorry for the delay for my comments πŸ˜€

Yeah.. I believe DIY projects can be placed under the Project Ideas section, though I dont think a subsection is necessary. Similar to Kashish's idea, we just sticky one thread that will contain a list, like how I did with the Project List at CE Labs. We'll tag the titles of the DIY projects threads with a [DIY] tag and link it back to the main DIY index thread.

eg:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Who will maintain the list? I suggest Rajdeep can start that thread so he is able to edit the list. Mods can assist.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Ok ash.
    That is also good idea. Later if the popularity increases than we can think of subsection.
    I will start a new thread within few weeks, after consulting with godfather cause he has a very good project list as I have seen in his sticky project list thread.
    😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Alright, good luck Rajdeep πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Finally i am going to start one Topic Named :DIY:

let me know if anyone want to give any suggestion or any comments..

Something extra that i want to add is i will protect the file with password and for password you have to PM me cause i want to give this data to only for the CE members. Guest can visit this topic but if they want to download then they must have to register themselves here on CE.

and Guys you can also share your project here in this DIY thread.

i think by this thread we might have good some active member here.

So here finally i want to ask Ceans that what i am going to start is it ok?
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    nice idea!! GF
    through this,we can keep our data secure and allow only an othorized person to use it , as well as increse the strength of CE..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    priyank_180
    nice idea!! GF
    through this,we can keep our data secure and allow only an othorized person to use it , as well as increse the strength of CE..
    thanks Priyank for Comment!!
    waiting for some more Ceans Reply. πŸ˜’

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, thought it's about time to come to the experts, basically my set up is, 3 wires coming out of the ceiling, each wire has its own blue, brown...
We can even change the extension of the file. But, to find the original extension of the file, We need magic number associated with the file. I don;t know the...
Chrome's in version 2.0 on Windows and available on Mac and Linux; Apple's beaming with pride over Safari 4; Opera's still pushing the envelope with Opera 10; and we're all...
Microsoft is about to release a beta antivirus application while discontinuing MS Money, Opera promises to "reinvent the web," and your IT guys are spying on you. UPDATE 3-Microsoft will...
It looks like Twitter has just rolled out its verified accounts. As you can seeing on Michael's personal account, there's a "Verified Account" logo right above his name. Twitter has...