Request: International standard for Generator Overhauling

Dear Engineers/All,
In my company we have a 3 Steam turbine generators. One of the steam turbine generator, often 'Loss of field' happening. We planed for overhauling of the generator. I need a standard for how frequent we overhaul a 6MW generator / Standard for the interval of overhauling a 6.0MW generator. Please intimate me ASAP. My mail ID is <#-Link-Snipped-#>. The mater is urgent. Please help dear Engineers.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    paramasivan
    I need a standard for how frequent we overhaul a 6MW generator / Standard for the interval of overhauling a 6.0MW generator.
    There will not be any standard for frequency of overhaul of machinery. There is a breakdown maintenance and preventive maintenance. Your current situation appears to be the first one. The instruction manual usually specifies these concerns.
  • paramasivan
    paramasivan
    Thanks, Ramani Sir. I consider your replay and it seems correct. Thanks once again.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: This Specialization builds on the success of the Python for Everybody course and will introduce fundamental programming concepts including data structures, networked application program interfaces, and databases, using the...
Quote: High-profile cases have recently put campus sexual assault in the spotlight. One question that has repeatedly come up: why are these cases being handled by campuses at all? Title...
Is anyone else faced Facebook down issue? Is there any hacking attempt? Sorry, something went wrong. We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can....
i was selected for oracle india in our campus recuriment ,but until now i did not get any official form stating it ,can any one say hen will i get...
The name is in Civiliryc find out if u can 😉 here i meant CE as Civil Engineer 😁 from CSK am working & soon to be self-employed😒 14+ months...