Replacing engine for Tata nano

Hi Guys,
I have recently brought a Tata Nano, it is quite a good vehicle but but it has very less torque. Is there a way to increase the torque or is there any way I can replace the engines of higher capacity.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    You can always replace the engine provided the new engine fits into the car, and interfaces with the rest of the systems such as the clutch, etc

This is an impossibility , because most of the vehicle engines are design-specific, and they cannot be used in another car.

secondly even if you did succeeded in replacing the engine, then you have to change your usual style of driving.
  • chandrasheki
    chandrasheki
    Thank u for the suggestion,
    As my daughter love this car a lot and I dont want to replace it because of power reason.
    Can I get an Turbocharger fitted to my engine. What Iam looking at is slight increase in torque say some63Nm@3000rpm and some 45-50ps power.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Forced induction is definitely easier and cheaper than an engine swap. For torque lower in the rev range, look into a supercharger.
  • chandrasheki
    chandrasheki
    Mr.Gohm,
    Thank u, can u plz suggest the model. Present Power and Torque is 38ps & 51Nm@5500rpm.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Sorry, can't help you there, not familiar with specific part numbers for forced induction of a Nano being in the US. A quick search using a search engine pulled up what looks like several forums that deal with the car, I'd suggest starting there.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Problem Statement Ms. Anna is very naughty in her classes and due to this her teacher has given her a punishment. Her teacher asked her to create a program for...
i want to build an ac-dc-ac inverter. ur ideas are welcome guys.
This is tale of a "CrazyEngineer", sad, one of us who died but lived to the religion called Engineering. Yes, please realize that engineering is a name of a religion....
Olubiyi Olamilekan Jolf is my name. Proudly Nigerian. Student of Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Olabisi Onabanjo University. I have Passion for electronics technology.
Which type of modulation technique is used in SMS and Explain?