Renault Scala

The Scala feels like a very well rounded package and its striking exterior design could win hearts too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
The new Renault Scala is basically the Nissan Sunny. It's a case of badge-engineering, just like the Pulse and Micra. And, like the Pulse, the Scala looks a lot more appealing than the Sunny thanks to the large, aggressive grille, stylish headlights and new alloy wheels. The rear bumper features a blacked-out section that mimics a diffuser, which helps reduce the car's visual bulk. When viewed in profile, the Scala is exactly the same as the Sunny, save for the attractive new alloys. Overall though, the Scala looks much more balanced and proportioned than its cousin from Nissan.
Engine options for the Scala are the 1.5-litre dCi motor and the 1.5-litre petrol. We drove the diesel model which produces a decent 84.8bhp and 20.4kgm of torque. On urban roads, it is quite good to drive. Half-throttle responses are good and once past the initial turbo-lag, the engine feels quite responsive. It's only when going uphill with a full load that the throttle lag becomes apparent and the Scala struggles to gather decent pace. The car feels best in the mid-range and you have adequate passing power on tap. However, on an open highway you will feel a slight shortage of power and find yourself constantly shifting gears to keep the motor on the boil. And, with power tapering off as early as 3800rpm, it's best to use the gears and keep the engine in the mid-range.

What is very impressive is the Scala’s ride quality. This saloon competently absorbs rough sections and bad roads, thanks to its pliant suspension and tyres. The suspension works silently but sound insulation is not that great and each time you hit a coarse patch you get a hollow humming sound from the wheel wells.

Price Range (in lakhs)*

Ex-showroom price Rs 6.5-9 lakh (estimated, ex-showroom, Delhi)

Engine
Fuel Diesel
Type 4 cylinder, 1461cc, SOHC, 8 valves
Power 84.8bhp at 3750rpm
Torque 20.4kgm at 2000rpm

Transmission
Gearbox 5-speed manual

Dimensions
Length 4425mm
Width 1695mm
Height 1505mm
Wheel base 2600mm
Boot volume 490 litres
Ground clearance 161mm

Chassis & Body
Weight 1080kg
Tyres 185/65 R15

Suspension
Front McPherson Strut
Rear Torsion Bar

Steering
Type Rack and pinion
Type of power assist Electric

Brakes
Front Ventilated Disc
Rear Drums

Economy
Tank size 41 litres

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Well Renault did it again. again it designed its interiors similar to that of Nissan micra.

It earlier did the same thing for Renault pulse.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi.. In this thread I will be posting some popular Mechanical Interview Question and there answers too.. Just Click Watch Thread for future updates to this thread.
i am using tata docomo network and my handset is nokia 2690.i am getting lote problems on connecting to internet using data cable.to connect to internet i have to face...
Which concepts are included in flying robot.
Please help me mini project based on fm transmitter IC based with functional circuit diagram
What are the scalable qualities for a fresh engineer for first Job employment..