Remote perfomance monitoring of Cold Rooms which are 200km away

Hello guys,i am working on a final year project and im stuck i intend to monitor the perfomance of cold rooms which are 200km away.I need to be able to know the i)temperatures at real time and ii) if other components like the compressor are working.

i am asking for help in material,books,notes and also ideas.thank you in advance

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    tre
    Hello guys,i am working on a final year project and im stuck i intend to monitor the perfomance of cold rooms which are 200km away.I need to be able to know the i)temperatures at real time and ii) if other components like the compressor are working.

i am asking for help in material,books,notes and also ideas.thank you in advance
    The only way is use GPRS Modem at Cold Room which monitors Temperature and all other parameters and updating it on server. So you can get real time data monitoring at 200Km away too. 😀
  • tre
    tre
    Thank you Godfather for the info,now the question is? is the GPRS mordem capable of monitoring the conditions or i need to design a circuit (which monitors) then interface it to GPRS modem
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    tre
    Thank you Godfather for the info,now the question is? is the GPRS mordem capable of monitoring the conditions or i need to design a circuit (which monitors) then interface it to GPRS modem
    Exactly you have to design hardware and after that interface it with GPRS modem.
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    good one though...
    for industrial and commercial purposes, if in case anyone wanting to implement this kind of solution kindly log on to #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#

this might look like an ad...

btw...
    for the solution to the problem i can give few tips though..
    1. always maintain potential free contacts for your digital inputs which will be encoded by you GPRS modem..
    2. make use of GSM SIM technique. use a SM with GPRS capability (airtel office pocket internet) and communicate the message in the form of a string to a particular port at your receiving side.
    3. for analog inputs like temperature first start with a scan time of 5 sec or 10sec and send the data to the GPRS module or else the 4-20mA or 0-10V data scanned will cause traffic and delayed messages. for EX: you might 250 deg c message first followed by 200 deg c ... u might think the temp is going down but then you will get 300 deg c message.. this will cause confusion...

All the best ... these are practical problems faced till now
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    This should help

Use an IR or temperature sensor in the room

the data op of this is fed to a GPRS modem also DTMF can be used to trigger this GPRS modem this will give more punch and increase the complexity at the same time
  • tre
    tre
    Bob and Jeffrey thank for the upd8t let me look into it
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    In modern engineering PLC-SCADA,system for remote monitoring is best.But it depends if you want to just do monitoring or controlling as well.
  • tre
    tre
    Grsalvi thnk for the SCADA -PLC i will take it into consideration

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to do something very creative on image processing. I don't know how to start?
Hi all, I am currently working on a port construction project. Can anyone give me any idea of what to tackle in such project? I am not worried about the...
This is a Logic Puzzle about men who commute daily to their jobs.​Amos, Clem, Dave, Eric, and Glen all live and work in small towns along the notorious Interstate Highway...
Can u help me to implement this project titled Fire and smoke alarm system with auto-dialer to fire station.
Hello could anyone please suggest a good book for the beginners on Android?