Remote Health Monitoring System

Dear mates ๐Ÿ˜€

I want your help; I'm trying to construct a remote health monitoring system, I will use GSM modems and interface it with computer.
so my questions are:
- Which type of GSM modem shall I use?
- To interface the GSM modem in the receiving side, I will use a PIC 16F877
so does anyone have an idea how to program that PIC?

My best regards.

Replies

• just2rock
    just2rock
    before helping you out we need to know your design ...what equipments & interfacing you are using for this....
    a Zigbee /802.11b/c platform will work fine...request to construct same.
  • Engabbood
    Engabbood
    Thank you for your care ๐Ÿ˜€
    well, we need to send multiple body signal, like eeg, ecg, and temperature together at once,
    so our diagram will look like this:
    Tx : Body sensor--> GSM modem --> Max 232 --> PIC 16F877
    Rx : GSM modem--> max232 --> PIC16f877 --> max232 --> received data to be shown on computer.

so do you think this is right order in the receiving and transmitting sides?
    any suggestions for the diagram and pieces names?

Thank you in advance ๐Ÿ˜€
  • pracas
    pracas
    Why is there a pic on the rx side? you can interface a gsm modem directly to the serial port and program for data to be obtained from the serial port. Unless you have a specific valid reason the pic becomes redundant in the given setup.

Cheers,
    pracas
  • Engabbood
    Engabbood
    Hi again,
    I've segmented my Project into small parts ๐Ÿ˜€
    so the new thread is :
    #-Link-Snipped-#

My best Regards.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Got the following from NMIMS [Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies] - NMIMS with O2 Supply is conducting a entrepreneurial showcase entrepreneur event. It is an event for serious entrepreneur...
We dont' have much information about this event. What I gathered from the banner on the site: News from India on Technology, Electronics, Computers, Open Source & more: EFYTIMES.COM is...
how to identify the difference between the industrial refrigeration valves and commercial appliance refrigeration valves
TechCrunch recently posted that Google's much awaited Operating System, Chrome OS will be launched next week. Details : Google Chrome OS To Launch Within A Week
Hello, I am computer science engineering student and have interest in networking. I have completed CCNA & java and want to further enhance my skills in networking I am interested...