Remote controls for PCs

Many people watch DVDs on their computers. Often a person would like to sit back and relax while watching a DVD instead of sitting in a posture to use a keyboard and mouse. With a wireless keyboard and mouse it is possible to sit in an easy chair, but this hardware is more cumbersome than the remote control of a TV or DVD player. It would be useful to have a remote control to use with a PC. Perhaps with the proper receiver and software, a PC could use the same remote control that is sold with a DVD player or a TV.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm,that's a good idea , but I think its already in place .My laptop did come with a media remote.
  • tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    durga
    hmm,that's a good idea , but I think its already in place .My laptop did come with a media remote.
    I have two laptops that didn't, so I think there is a market for retrofits.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    This should be pretty simple to do with an Infrared receiver (connected to computer via USB or serial). Lots of references around the net to decode the different protocols that existing remote controllers use.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    bluetooth might help we can use a phone as a remote to control a pc..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All Back again, please give your valuable comments on the course, reputation of institute, placements, and will you prefer to join? Regards Vibhor Mittal Allahabad
Official Website: Aayam '10 This November, get set for a spine-tingling ride of NITA's very own technical fiesta “AAYAM” featuring exciting competitions, high-on-charge events and inspiring people. Aayam is meant...
The NOIDA based Lava mobile is heavily advertising the A9 Model on Indian Television. Let's take a look at this phone an find out whether the phone is worth the...
Dear friends! I was out of the reach of internet for two days. Kindly forgive me because I couldn't give you the good news. I bought a phone at last!...
Hi.. I wanted everybody's opinion on this.. I've heard about a 10 day course in PIC 16 microcontroller by EFY ( Electronics For You) tech centre in Bangalore, India certified...