Remote control of insects

A short article about DARPA funded experiments to remotely control insects - in this case beetles:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Am I alone in thinking that just is not cool/wrong?
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    it may be useful selectively, for example it may help farmers keep insects off their crops!!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    is this insect testing? I thought animal testing is cruel. This is not cool, what so ever reason the research had been made.Its similar to controlling another human mind through antenna ( in perspective of a living being being controlled)
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    i take back what i said...i hadn't read the article completely..manipulating a living being against their will is as cruel as anything..
  • Muffy
    Muffy
    Ha , since when did the human race started giving a damn about animal cruelty? We have been always been exploiting , manipulating them to our benefit from the start of time.Humans have never worked in harmony with nature.We always get what we want, no matter the cost. Why start pretending to care?

I think its pretty cool, could have some useful applications.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Muffy
    Ha , since when did the human race started giving a damn about animal cruelty? We have been always been exploiting , manipulating them to our benefit from the start of time.Humans have never worked in harmony with nature.We always get what we want, no matter the cost. Why start pretending to care?
    Thats kind of a generalized statement, Muffy. While its true that some quarters have self interests over everything else, sustainability and protection of nature is still quite a concern among a significant number of the population, and certainly not a hypocrisy.

Would certainly not want to have "control" over something like my cat, and be a robot of sorts.

I believe engineers should respect and be "inspired" by how nature works, rather than try to take control of it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • shonali55
    shonali55
    Muffy

I think its pretty cool, could have some useful applications.
    Hi Muffy
    I am respecting you words but not your thoughts--An ignorant man committing evil deeds does not realize the consequences. The imprudent man is consumed by his own deeds, like one burnt by fire,having a dominating nature.

Allowing Even thing to be, as it is created. And to accept responsibility for our role in it all through our perceptions, our choices and the condition within that shape our lives.

So its our attitude how we tackle or manipulate the situation.
    and we think we engineers are ingenious to adorn the world. But due to one man we can not curse whole human civilization.

Spiritual justice is the right of every soul to sit its own course through life and the responsbility to allow others to do the same.

Thank you

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

here is a problem which i face when i participate in a online programming competition can any any one solve it Problem Statement: Now comes an interesting math game. How...
Hi friends , can some of you please list some project topics based on Cryptography ; not too tough but on the easier side ? I am a final year...
Wishing many happy returns of the day to CEan SilverScropion! ๐Ÿ˜ May your dreams come true! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
Very happy Birthday to CEan Silenthorde! ๐Ÿ˜ May your dreams come true ๐Ÿ˜ ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
what is a bipolar device? i know that conduction is due to two types of charges but how both + & - can be responsible..i feel that there is some...