Remote assistance

Useful for all the computer users,
I think most of our CEans already knows this
Remote Assistance allows a user to request help from a remote user over the Internet. The user in need for assistance sends an invitation to a helper (IT support). If the helper accepts the invitation, he or she can establish a remote session to view the user's screen and chat with the user, and optionally, control mouse and keyboard input.
1)By default, users are allowed to send Remote Assistance invitations

2)Remote Assistance invitations can be send

3)Email - The recipient (helper/expert) will receive a message with an attachment called 'RCBuddy.msrcincident'. When the recipient executes that file, a remote session will be attempted. The user requesting help will have to accept the session before the remote user
can view the screen and/or control the computer.

4)options are available in the Help and Support center in Windows XP (click Invite a friend to connect to your computer with Remote Assistance).

5) When you select the delivery method of the invitation, you can type in a short message to go with the invitation, you can change the default expiration period, and you can assign a password that the recipient will need to start the Remote Assistance session.

6)Share Password through phone ,email

7) If the recipient accepts (executes) the invitation, his or her client will try to establish a Remote Assistance session with this computer.

8)The helper will have to enter the password that we set when we created the invitation. If the password is correct and the connection successful

9)A dialog box will appear on this computer, providing the user on this computer with the option to deny or accept the session.

10)If the session is accepted, the helper will be able to view the user's screen and chat with the user.
11)The helper can press the Take Control button to request permission to control mouse and keyboard input.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

To create a backup of files and folders in XP? NTBACKUP does not have the ability to write to CDs directly. You will need to save the backup to hard...
Innovative clamping technology named OPTO-ACT (OPTO Adhesive Clamping Technology) developed by MTS-RND from Israel for fixture complex geometries and ultra high precision of produced parts (you can search OPTO-ACT or...
Hi everyone, I am after some guides on writing a MATLAB software for Kalman filter. This software will be used for echo cancellation.. I really dont know how to start...
Hi Everybody, Hope you are all fine, i m a 2006 passed out computer science engineering student from anna university chennai.since then i hv around 3+ years of real time...
Source: PIB Press Release The Government proposes to set up a centralized system to monitor communications on mobile phones, landlines and the internet in the country. Centralized Monitoring System (CMS)...