CrazyEngineers
  • hey ppl ... i am new to this crazy engineers forum .... i have a query ... if anyone of you can help me and answer my question ... that will be of great help .... my question is - how do i memorize the word list ?? this time the pattern has changed .... antonyms and analogies are not in the scene anymore ... so its all about text completion and sentence equivalence ... will it help - just cramming up the whole barron's word list of 3500 words ... or shall i group the similar meaning words toghether and den memorize them ... using sentences ... ???
    HELP MEEE 😔
    😭
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorAug 15, 2011

Hi mahimakumar, Welcome to CE. 😀

I believe the new GRE is more about application of words and less about memorizing the 'exact' meanings. (which is simple great!)
    Since now you don't have to worry about antonyms and analogies, it would be nice if you can derive the meanings of the words by referring to the context.
    For this, just 'read a lot'. Try to identify the pattern of sentences. When you read any good newspaper, try to make a note of all the difficult words & see if you could make a sense of the paragraph without knowing the actual meaning of those words. Later on, check out those words in the dictionary & see how those words fit in the paragraph.

Of course, you will have to go through the word lists, but try not focus on them a lot. Take as many tests as you can online (even on CE) for text completion & sentence equivalence. All the best. 👍

Do let us know if you face other problems too.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • mahimakumar

MemberAug 15, 2011

thanx for the reply
    which books shall i refer for verbal section then ??
    😀
    😀
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorAug 17, 2011

@mahima: You can refer to this thread: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • RamyaP

MemberSep 30, 2015

Hi
    I am from a middle class family. Currently I am working in an IT company and my entire family is dependent on me. I am 6 months experienced I have passion to go for MS(I want to speak english like them, be independent like them, explore their culture) and my credits are as follows:
    10th class:85%
    Intermediate:93%
    B.Tech Computer Science:82%

Now, my current package is just 20000+, I am planning to go for MS after an year and I am already learning english(mathematics is not a problem and even analytical and reasoning is not a big hurdle for me...I got 90% above in all the categories of AMCAT exam, though it's entirely different from GRE I just want to portray my levels). I badly want to pursue M.S in a funded university albeit money is the only problem. Please suggest me ways that can help me ravel this confusion, my thoughts and help me with better loan plans and all. And also do let me know about the universities which are nicely funded and located in safer places.

Thanks for your patience..😀
    kindly reply me as soon as possible.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register