Religion - a boon or curse ?

Well well
I see everywhere ignorant people fighting with other humans in name of religion.
Killing thousands of people in name of religion, Killing girls - molesting them in name of religion, Wars in name of religion (eg - Godhra violence) .....

What you think about relation between Religion & every ignorance taking place in society.

Myself, I am atheist since reality hit my cranium.
its not that i neglect "magic", there's something magical thing on earth that gives fuels to our heart,soul & body .... I just cant swallow ignorance in society.

Its like , they can donate thousands or millions to God (eg: Tirupathi balaji) but they are not willing to help poor starving for food on street ... what kind of religion is this ?

No offense ... Just enlightening it ...
Do share views ! 😀

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Virtually every religion calls its God as timeless, all pervading and infinite. Granting that as valid, it is difficult to relate it to a male dictatorial Entity that brooks no dissent, demands unconditional worship and dispenses favours depending on supplication. An Infinity the worshippers are outside of.
    However, I have found that the truly religious of any religion are fine people. Tolerant, loving and caring of all. It is those of half knowledge, who create havoc. These are the ones exploited by the politicians and fundamentalists to their own ends. Those are the kind currying favour with Balaji or Another.
    If there is a God, what would That care for the measly gifts of a minuscule beings called Humans on a tiny planet in a vast universe?

I do not say that there is no God. I do question the inconsistencies in the descriptions. I believe in a universal consciousness, an awareness that just is, formless without any attributes of which we may all be a part.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Religion, caste plays a major role in education too😔. I use to think, How it could be, If India and Pakistan is not separated after independence?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Eurocopter's hybrid copter X3 has two turbo props mounted on short span wings, in addition to the usual rotor system (five bladed), which enables cruise speeds 50% higher than helicopters...
Hello Engineers, While I was surfing the net I found a blog in which English was fluent in all the posts. There are many new kind of words which I...
Gereenindex measures and monitor the progress of consumers from different countries toward environmentally sustainable consumption. This survey results are rolled out by National Geographic society in association with GlobeScan. The...
Just now a friend told me that CDAC's C-CAT Result is announced today. She has a difficulty in calculating the percentile. Did anyone here take C-CAT 2012? What is your...
I wanted to do projects on control system, to understand it fully.. Please help me about the ideas..