Reliance Jio SIM - Are you switching?

I've been hearing a lot of 'noise' over getting a Reliance Jio SIM card. There are plenty of videos on the Internet that are talking about the 'ground reality' - that the Digital Express store owners aren't cooperating and the SIM cards are not available.

I'm curious to know how many of CEans from India are planning to switch to Reliance Jio? How's your experience with getting a Jio SIM?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am interested in switching but will wait for few more days since I too heard a lot of Buzz and not interested in wasting time at stores 😀

But interesting thing i observed is - after the day of Jio launch I got a call from Airtel about Airtel services and also I see increased number of sales guys outside my office who are selling Airtel, Idea etc..
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Switching to Jio: Not in near future, probably never. But will have additional sim if it is at very low price.

My experience with Jio sim at other end :
    • Video call quality over skype is fantastic. I have 40Mbps connection and other end was Jio.
    • Call quality is manageable, there was some noise.
    Reason not to switch Jio:
    1. Primary function of my phone to get connected over call without any hustle. Till date Airtel does the best job. No other operator is close to it.
    2. No problem with roaming. Even international, I went to UK and at that time using prepaid sim. I found public phone but didn't had change to use it. To my surprise I was able to call from my Airtel to my friend @INR. 70/- per min. It was a life saver. If I remember correctly even data was working. I was able to do even bank transaction with free sms receive but it was hit or miss sometime.
    3. National roaming is fantastic. I have been in remote villages near to my home and Sikkim. This operator works like charm.
    Yes, Airtel is rogue. Customer care is pathetic and rude. 2G and 4G suck. 3G good. But at the end best voice service.
    I will definitely try JIO as my secondary sim to cut my Data charges.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I recently tested Reliance Jio on a national highway (No 6) and got data connection throughout (except at few locations; which is okay). So pretty impressed with the network Jio has setup. I'm sure they'll improve it. Btw, this was using their MiFi device.

I had an opportunity to test VoLTE calls in Singapore and they work really well. I'm yet to test Jio - Jio VoLTE calls and also Jio - other network. I've heard very mixed opinions from people. So can't wait to test it all by myself.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I recently tested Reliance Jio on a national highway (No 6) and got data connection throughout (except at few locations; which is okay). So pretty impressed with the network Jio has setup. I'm sure they'll improve it. Btw, this was using their MiFi device.
    Agree with the coverage they are having. Recently I Traveled from Surat to Bharuch, Gujarat via Train and it was having very good area covered.

Kaustubh Katdare
    I had an opportunity to test VoLTE calls in Singapore and they work really well. I'm yet to test Jio - Jio VoLTE calls and also Jio - other network. I've heard very mixed opinions from people. So can't wait to test it all by myself.
    I have tested this and as a result
    Jio - Jio = Always gets connect right away
    Jio - BSNL(Mobile/Landline) = Gets connect after having 2-3 times "All lines are busy" message.
    Jio - Other(Airtel/Idea/Vodafone) = Gets connect if you are lucky after having 10-15 "All lines are busy" message.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    How to get a JIO sim. I see in news reports, they are not able to get projected users.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As many of you already know, 'Jobs' app is currently under development for our Welcome - CrazyEngineers . I am writing to know what specific information you would like to...
As students we have all been there, a professor whose lecture seems to go on for ages. All you can do is sit there with the straight face trying your...
Engineering is fun when you know how to get the trick done with tech. While some thought experiments spookily convince people to appreciate their beauties, application-based research highlights day to...
Facebook’s messenger chatbots are meant to simplify business making and online shopping. Various chatbots representing their respective business organizations are deployed under the messenger service to serve people’s needs, to...
If this is the status in the West, it is pathetic in India now. What’s the best way to improve the practical knowledge of engineering students?