Reliance Jio announces longest Asia-Africa-Europe 100Gbps Submarine Cable System

Reliance Jio Infocomm, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited has recently announced the launch of a new submarine cable system with 100Gbps capacity linking Asia-Africa-Europe (AAE-1). The consortium cable system touted to be the longest would stretch over an expanse of 25,000 km connecting South East Asia to Europe via Egypt, terminating in Singapore.

submarinecable-image

It would commence from Marseille in France to Hong Kong, and there would be 21 cable landings across Asia and Europe. AAE-1 cable system deploys state-of-the-art 100Gbps transmission technology, with a minimum design capacity of 40 Tbps. This would ensure direct connectivity to global content hubs and interconnection points so that the customers enjoy most exceptional high speed internet and digital service experience, quoted company’s press release. The new cable system will be passing through critical hubs and connecting points to help cater India’s accelerated data consumption and growth especially video-centric data bandwidth demand.

AAE-1-Cable-network

AAE-1 links with other cable systems and fiber networks to deliver direct access to all global markets, says the company. One of the USP of AAE-1 is that whilst it terminates at two Points of Presence (PoP) in Singapore, it also continues further into Asia via diverse terrestrial routes across Thailand connecting Vietnam, Cambodia and Hong Kong. This routing enables AAE-1 to have one of the lowest latency as between Hong Kong, India, the Middle-East and Europe.

Jio further quotes that it has collaborated with other telecom service providers from Europe, the Middle East, and Asia for this extensive cable network. The system would be in a position to provide flexibility and diversity given the diversified Points of Presence (PoP) in Hong Kong and Singapore, and three onward connectivity options in Europe via France, Italy and Greece.

Source: www.ril.com|#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A group of talented engineers at the MIT's Computer Science and AI Laboratory (CSAIL) have developed a new kind of drone that can fly and drive anywhere. The behavior of...
Hello everyone I have a doubt.We constructed a building 18×30=540 Sq.ft 18 ft is from north to south and 30 ft from east to west with ground floor and first...
Hey , I have pulsar220. My bike's front disc break got failed and I ask technician for the reason of failure , he told me that the air might be...
Thank you for your interest and please let me know what you think! Here is the video link: Here is the video description: "3D Origami Paper Swan" Instructions for how...
It's time for celebration, as Mark Zuckerberg congratulates the Facebook community for including 2 billion global users. It is no joke to raise the social networking platform to such a...