Reliance 4G Delay Likely - Company Isn't Prepared!

Last year, it was widely believed that Mukesh Ambani led Reliance will launch 4G services in India and disrupt the markets with their pricing plans. However, Airtel took a lead and launched 4G LTE in India starting with Kolkata followed by Bangalore and Pune. Reliance is nowhere to be seen in the picture.

We however believed that Reliance is just takings its time to prepare for the big launch. However the latest reports indicate that Reliance is still in the early stages of planning for 4G rollout in the country. Reliance has acquired InfoTel broadband - a company with expertise in the telecom domain and was believed to have signed contracts with several technology companies.

Reliance's associates who were expected to bag contracts from the company say that they've given up hope to hear from Reliance; which is not a motivating news for the broadband enthusiasts in India.

I just hope that more companies jump into the arena so that the price war begins and the consumers benefit. On a related note, how many of you think that India is ready for the 4G speeds? Be aware that 4G will require that you upgrade your hardware because your current phone / dongle is likely not to work with 4G signals.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Could be that Reliance is stuck at the regulatory stage, seeing how telco licences are being scrutinized more in India compared to before.

India is a huge market, 3G & HSPA+ would still be prevalent and co-exist with LTE (in which the latter will focus more on hotspots).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Snapdeal and Mahindra have partnered to sell the 2-wheelers online. I'm not sure how many buyers will be there for online booking of 2-wheelers; but this definitely is a big...
Not only phones and tablets are shrinking in size; but the routers are following the trend as well. ASUS has introduced pocket sized wireless router, called ASUS WL-330NUL. The router...
Can Anyone explain me the working of a vapor absorption refrigeration machine? Here steam is to be used as a heat source for Chilling water.
Hello For a project i have i need to build a very high post for antenna purposes.Height is must be near 300m (like Eiffel tower height).This post must be electrical...
This new console GCW Zero which runs on Linux & powered by Ingenic JZ4770 1GHz MIPS Processor recently got massive support once it was backed by the Kickstarter site. GCW...