Relativity relatively simply explained a la George Gamow

George Gamaow was a remarkable physicist with a wacky sense of humour. For one of his research papers he roped in two other physicists Aleph and Bethe.
The list of authors read Aleph, Bethe, Gamow (Alpha, Beta and Gamma)!
He apparently had an atrocious accent. It used to be said that he spoke Hungarian in fifteen languages. Reminds me of our own didi who speaks English in Shudh Bengali.

Gamow wrote a series of books explaining the basics of physics in an entertaining painless manner.
Here is a video based on his exposition of Relativity as described in his Tomkins in Wonderland.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone I have searched few android apps that can delete system apps.Though I haven't tried it, I think it can be done only if we root our mobile and...
Voonik is a Chennai-based startup that has brought a personal shopping platform to life. Currently acting as your shopping assistant to help you dress well and well within your budget,...
want to use arduino uno and gps/gprs/gsm module v3.0 from drfobot for my project. but so far i am unable to receive an sms on the gsm shield, anybody who...
Hi CEans, was just curious to know if there's anyone here who is familiar with BATCH file programming?
Hi CEans, Its a happy news for the Masculine bike lovers. Yes its the news that has been rounding that Royal Enfield would be switching from its old Logo to...