Registers of processors

We can see what is happening in processor registers in the turbo c and visual c++.
Right?
I want to know which registers are they ??? Their names and how processor uses them ?

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    I am not sure but I think these are same which are used in Assembly Programming viz. Accumulator, Base Register..etc.
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    actually the registers that you talk about are specific to the processor that is being used along with its internal architecture.

also remember that it might be possible that you might not be able to monitor some of the registers which in this case are called as internal registers. they have got special utility as governed by the microprocessor architecture. Also it's not that you can access these registers only in the turbo c environment etc.

the best way to learn about the working, usage, design, implementation of these registers is to get the manual of the processor that you are using and use it to find the answers to your question. The information contained in these manuals is complete and absolute; more-ever they do not vary with a change in application program, operating system etc.

hope it will help....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tagging some of the CEans that I remember [Prototype] durga bioramani vinod1993 jeffrey samuel AbraKaDabra The_Big_K godfather praveen kumar aarthivg
Curious to know whether anyone's ever used the mod_deflate module with apache web server. The module compresses the output from the server before it's sent to the client on the...
While communication is already in its 4th generation and everyone's talking abou the advantages of these technologies, I want to divert some attention to the disadvantages of these technologies. I...
hi! guys could anyone help me with this problem. I downloaded IIS server and wamp server on my computer and when I tried to put online or offline for wamp...
Oh, and a new Absolute Zero logo. About time 😉