Regenerative braking

I have a question related to electrical engineering. How do we save electricity in regenerative braking? Does anyone have an idea about this?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    brake is a device that converts kinetic energy into heat energy. but in this case, the kinetic energy is converted into electrical energy.
  • rajk. sharma
    rajk. sharma
    u r right KE is convert into electrical energy but how this done
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    an electric motor is used to power the driven wheels. when the brake pedal is pressed, a commutator is actuated which changes the polarity of the motor and reverses its direction of rotation.

due to inertia , the direction of rotation of the wheel dose not change instantly, but it helps to cancel the opposing torque of the motor, due to which the wheel comes to a dead stop.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We all know that in a machine member , the stress tends to be concentrated at sharp edges, like near the holes. etc. Now if the hole was made by...
i am Mark from Zimbabwe, i am a Telecomms Technician, and I like sharing technical information with technicians and engineers.
nid topics for both analog nd digital mini projects
Comment in 3 distinct different parts: 1.) best teaching quality of staff at SAP authorized partners/centers in MUMBAI (instructor led training) 2.) best internship/company training in MUMBAI (for students who...
This is the season when ever 1 in 3 queries on CE is a request for an 'innovative' project idea. I'm not going to put the blame on anyone (the...