RECYCLED PLASTIC AS COARSE AGGREGATE FOR STRUCTURAL CONCRETE

Project Abstract / Summary : RECYCLED PLASTIC AS COARSE AGGREGATE FOR STRUCTURAL CONCRETE

Rachit Sharma#-Link-Snipped-#, Mohanish Gupta#-Link-Snipped-#, Kaushal Kishor Sahoo#-Link-Snipped-#, Kartika Bashani#-Link-Snipped-#

(Theme: Use as Aggregate, Filler or Cementitious Material)

ABSTRACT

Plastic, non-biodegradable, is an issue disturbing the whole world. As massive use of plastics is going on in this current scenario, hence, it seems to be a relevant topic to be thought of utilization of waste materials and its by-products. These provide a solution to an extent of environmental and ecological problems. One of the by-product can be coarse aggregate constructed with the help of plastics. Main problem associated with this is, it’s readily availability and it’s cost of construction. These problems can be reduced by the proper usage of this waste material since nothing is cheaper than free of cost.

It can be used in cement, concrete and other construction material. This non-biodegradable waste can be partially replaced as coarse and fine aggregates. Replacing coarse aggregate by these plastic made aggregates not only gives greater strength to concrete as well as solution to plastic waste generated on a massive scale daily.

In this study it has been tried to utilize the plastic garbage of the institutional and residential campus. Results indicate higher strength at certain percent replacement (about 20%) of aggregates, which indicates the feasibility of usage of plastic aggregates. Because of its low specific gravity it is also useful as light weight concrete in high rise buildings.

#-Link-Snipped-#: Undergraduate Student, Civil Engineering Department, JUET, Guna – 473226, INDIA. Email: #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#:Undergraduate Student, Civil Engineering Department, JUET, Guna – 473226, INDIA. Email: #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#:Undergraduate Student, Civil Engineering Department, JUET, Guna – 473226, INDIA. Email: #-Link-Snipped-#

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : It reduce the cost of construction to a greater extent as nothing is cheaper than waste. Can be practiced in not only structural works but also in road works. As it has various advantages. That's why we chose this topic.

Project Category : Civil / Structural
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Jaypee University Of Engineering & Teechnology
City: Guna
State: Madhya Pradesh
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The local mobile handset maker, Micromax has officially announced the launch of new dual SIM (GSM+GSM) smartphone Bolt A82. For expressing your emotions in your mother tongue, Bolt A82 is...
The upcoming Microsoft Windows 10 operating system will let you say goodbye to passwords forever. You won't have to suffer for keeping your password not more complicated than 'password' or...
American toy manufacturing company, Mattel has sought the help of ToyTalk, a start-up founded by PIXAR alum to build a new variant of its iconic doll, Barbie that will be...
How to remove Hunt for India's Best Academic Project (Applications Open) message from the homepage, it annoys me alot, I can't participate I am only 15 years old. Please include...
Yesterday, sound left my operating system Fedora 21. I am a newbie at this and unsure what to do. I tested the sound settings, and they are turned on. The...