Recommend motor driver for line following robot

What motor driver would you recommend for my line following robot. I am using geared motors...(if that is of any help!!!)..

Thank you.

Replies

• preeste
    preeste
    hi there....look i dont know if this of any help....but take a look at the other forums on line followers....it might help!

from my research the L293D seems to be quite common and often used one.
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    I am not sure of what load you are expecting for the motors (depends on ur robot).
    I have worked a bit on CD drives, which use motors for the Load/Eject, disk rotation and the Reading head movement.
    For this they normally use BA5813FM or BA5983FM (or similar) from ROHM.
    These are 4 channel motor drives, so you can control more motors with a signle driver IC.

Karthik
  • harshharsh26
    harshharsh26
    L293D will be best I have used it many time , Its quiet easy to implement...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    yep, L293 is a good choice.
  • caen_clux
    caen_clux
    Line following robot- driver motor

Actually you must know how much maximum current of the motor..then you can decide what is the suitable driver can be used.For your information,if your motor use less than 1Amp, you can use driver L293B.Its will support the current maximum up to 1Amp...for further knowledge about line following visit at https://robotku.blogspot.com.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi

hello everybody....................
hi.............. if ne1 can give guidelines for gettin placed in dis trade.,....dat ll b much helpful..................so plz...........give sm technical info required,,,,,,,,,, .
Hello all, I have just joined crazy engineers. Guys can anybody tell me in any substation what are the factors or steps for selection of any equipment like Circuit Breaker,...
Saturday November 17, 2007 Firefox users: Beware of Gmail XSS Attack An exploit for Firefox, reported 10 days ago and as of yet still not patched, is giving attackers access...
i would like to suggest that you could create sub sections inside "Computers/IT" . these subsections could be like 1) hardware 2) programming 3) troubleshooting 4) operating systems etc.