CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • preeste

MemberNov 21, 2007

hi there....look i dont know if this of any help....but take a look at the other forums on line followers....it might help!

from my research the L293D seems to be quite common and often used one.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • reachrkata

MemberNov 21, 2007

I am not sure of what load you are expecting for the motors (depends on ur robot).
    I have worked a bit on CD drives, which use motors for the Load/Eject, disk rotation and the Reading head movement.
    For this they normally use BA5813FM or BA5983FM (or similar) from ROHM.
    These are 4 channel motor drives, so you can control more motors with a signle driver IC.

Karthik
    Cancel
  • harshharsh26

MemberNov 30, 2007

L293D will be best I have used it many time , Its quiet easy to implement...
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberNov 30, 2007

yep, L293 is a good choice.
    Cancel
  • caen_clux

MemberDec 4, 2007

Line following robot- driver motor

Actually you must know how much maximum current of the motor..then you can decide what is the suitable driver can be used.For your information,if your motor use less than 1Amp, you can use driver L293B.Its will support the current maximum up to 1Amp...for further knowledge about line following visit at https://robotku.blogspot.com.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register