Recommend a C++ book for begineers

I don't know any programming language and i want to start with C++ .Suggest me a good book.

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Try Ashok Kamthane or Balaguruswamy......๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Let us C++
    --by Mr.Yashwant Kanetkar
  • jkj
    jkj
    Both the books let us c++ by yashwant kanetkar and e. balaguruswamy are excellent. I personally like yashwant kanetkar's more. I 'd recommend you to go for let us c first and do try to solve all the unsolved problems at the back of each chapter to form a nice base. Schaum series book is also nice
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Try Balaguruswamy. The language of this book is very easy.
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey ,

Upload it somewhere and share a link here..........
    Please if possible do it.......

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • softinka6465
    softinka6465
    "Teach Yourself C In 21 Days" was a pretty good book. I used it to learn the basics before my highschool c++ class and it did help.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    You can try using this priority:
    1. Balagurusamy
    2. Yashawant Kanetkar
    3. C++ For Dummies, Wiley Publications
    4. Teach Yourself C In 21 Days

I would recommend C++ For Dummies, Wiley Publications, as it contains good examples and funny stuffs for beginners. It is an absolute beginner book.
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    For making strong base, instead of Balaguruswamy or Let Us C++, I would recommend Thinking in C++ (Vol.1 and Vol. 2) by Bruce Eckel for startup. The book is available online for read at the author's website itself (#-Link-Snipped-#).

Once user is done reading Thinking in C++, i would recommend to read:
    1. The C++ Programming Language (Bjarne Stroustrup)
    2. Effective & More Effective C++ (Scott Meyers)

-Pradeep
  • anirow
    anirow
    I think you can also scout internet for some really good learning resources. see one link here, How to Get Started with C or C++ - Cprogramming.com
  • hackerboy
    hackerboy
    C++ is an object oriented language so u shud know the OO principles to understand the unique approach of OO methodologies. after u get acquainted with these principles....u can read c++: the complete reference which is a very gud buk
  • anirow
    anirow
    Yes completely agree with you. but one can start with the basic syntax and before the start of classes concept they should get their OOPs concept clear.
  • hackerboy
    hackerboy
    @anirow: ya one can start with the syntax difference in c and c++
  • anirow
    anirow
    But do you think, these days people prefer to learn C before C++ because I have seen quite a few people who start with C++ to graduate towards JAVA.
  • hackerboy
    hackerboy
    din get ur point completely....plz elaborate
  • anirow
    anirow
    Well what I was trying to say that learning C has not remained a prerequisite for many people in order to learn C++. A lot of people i know have done that and infact most of them learn C++ because later on they would want to move to Java
  • hackerboy
    hackerboy
    ya thats true...one need not learn C to start with C++.....but if you learn C before C++then you clearly understand the difference between procedure oriented programming and OOP
  • anirow
    anirow
    anirow
    Well what I was trying to say that learning C has not remained a prerequisite for many people in order to learn C++. A lot of people i know have done that and infact most of them learn C++ because later on they would want to move to Java
    Yes completely agree with you, when you learn C before C++ you get to know bigger picture.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    C++ by Balaguruswamy is a Very Good Book for the Beginners! Its very understandable with simple language and with neat Examples! You can try!
    And yeah, you should learn C before going for C++, It makes you easy!
  • tanmeyamohan
    tanmeyamohan
    Browse the website www[dot]4shared[dot]com
    You can easily find ebooks in pdf/rar format.
    Also try www[dot]wowebook[dot]com

Regards
    d_vipul
    Hey ,

Upload it somewhere and share a link here..........
    Please if possible do it.......

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • aicbal
    aicbal
    Herbart Schieldt

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WAVES,a National Level Technical Symposium organized by Society of Electrical and Electronics Engineers(SEEE), College of Engineering Guindy,Anna University, Chennai fosters innovation,where the best brains in the country showcase their talent....
I am pursuing btech cse and currently in last sem. I have my interest in web like websites etc but i did some research and found that this field is...
i am doing bearing cup using cold forging i.e backward extrusion process the initial billet height is 13mm and dia 20mm my question is in how many stages i.e sequence...
๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ Wishing MAD-Scientist a very very happy birthday! ๐Ÿ˜€ Rock on!
NIT Hamirpur(H.P.) presents NIMBUS 2011 Amidst the backdrop of the skylining Dhauladhar range, NIT Hamirpur , a premier engineering institute is all set to host NIMBUS 2011,its annual technical festival...