Recession prompting me for Higher Education

[FONT="] [/FONT]I have been working as Software Quality Analyst for the last two years and was hoping to go abroad for studies in a year or two. With the recession now, I plan to do that a little earlier, say by 2010. Don’t wanna be redundant when things begin to pick up and most importantly, can’t afford to be dispensable 😉. I need some quick advice on how to go about freezing on the right options.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Jennifer
    I have been working as Software Quality Analyst for the last two years and was hoping to go abroad for studies in a year or two. With the recession now, I plan to do that a little earlier, say by 2010. Don’t wanna be redundant when things begin to pick up and most importantly, can’t afford to be dispensable 😉. I need some quick advice on how to go about freezing on the right options.
    Before we suggest something; we'd like know why do you think going for higher studies in the recession time will be a better choice over your earlier plan?

On the first look, I think you should stick to your earlier plan. Higher education, in my opinion will only make your entry into your desired field easier. It will not make you indispensable.
  • ritesh_sinha
    ritesh_sinha
    I know how it feels, in choosing the right place abroad for higher studies. It’s better to get into the best college in India rather than to get into a “C” Grade College abroad. However an international degree from a good college is an added point on the resume. Check this site , I'm sure it will be of help.
  • Vanjul
    Vanjul
    According to me, in the time of recession we should concentrate in increasing our skill set as someday we have to do that.Moreover i think getting a masters degree from abroad helps us in pursuing a MBA degree after that from abroad quite easily.
    I don't think there is any better or cracking combination than MS+MBA
  • raj_m
    raj_m
    I agree with the above response. Yes this is the time we increase on our skill set so that we can be best employed. Investing on higher studies abroad at the time of recession makes sense. After all you want to boost your earning power once the recession is over.
  • ananth22290
    ananth22290
    Vanjul
    According to me, in the time of recession we should concentrate in increasing our skill set as someday we have to do that.Moreover i think getting a masters degree from abroad helps us in pursuing a MBA degree after that from abroad quite easily.
    I don't think there is any better or cracking combination than MS+MBA
    MS + MBA looks interesting.
    Doing MS and then doing MBA when your scope for improvement is less like after 6 or 7 years of working experience looks like a good idea to me😉.
    Can someone comment on this?

Thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, Its great to be a part of this wonderful community. The inspiration and knowledge that i gain by going through the forum is enormous. Gathering such inspiration from...
Hi all! I wonder how feasible it would be to run a container terminal without paving the ground. Also, I wonder how a badly constructed unpaved road could be temporarily...
hai friends can any one suggest some hot topics in thermal field
hello friends... can anybody give me the list of Pneumatic related mini projects?? i am little confused while selecting them...
guys plz help me to write this progam 123454321 1234 4321 123 321 12 21 the numbers must be printed in this form.😕