Receive and Store SMS in database

Hi Friends,

I want to know, how to recieve sms from gsm modem and store it in database (SQL, or other).Could anybody help me on this subject?? (Urgent)..Thank you in advance..

Replies

• bill190
    bill190
    I don't know anything about SMS, however I have done just about everything with Perl scripts running on UNIX including SQL for databases... So I thought I would search google.com for the terms: sms receive perl ...and it looks like there are many options available! Here is that search...
    Google

Then you can use Perl and SQL and the MySql database on a UNIX system. And with that setup talk to most databases. All sorts of information about that on the internet. FYI a web hosting company called pair.com in Pittsburgh, U.S. has UNIX servers, perl, and MySql along with Telnet, FTP, etc.
  • tomastamm
    tomastamm
    you have to check #-Link-Snipped-# with Api connection, they redirect all sms to you via HTTP POST request
  • smsrecv
    smsrecv
    That's exactly what SMS Enabler program can do. You can find it here: Receive SMS on PC or Website using SMS Software
  • GP17
    GP17
    smsrecv
    That's exactly what SMS Enabler program can do. You can find it here: Receive SMS on PC or Website using SMS Software
    Thanks for your reply. Is it will split the received sms according to some parameters??
  • smsrecv
    smsrecv
    What does it mean "split sms" ?
    It inserts messages directly into a database table as they are received. If you use , for example, Microsoft SQL server, then you can create a trigger on that table and do whatever you want with the inserted messages in that trigger.

Another option: SMS Enabler can also post received messages to a webserver via HTTP, so you can process messages in a web script. (e.g. written in PHP). You can insert messages into a database using this script.
  • GP17
    GP17
    Actually i will receive a string of sms, and i want to split the received sms into some sub string. Then store in a database.. I'm using SQL server, but do not have a great knowledge on that. I'm just beginner in SQL. Don't know how to process the data once it is stored in database..Could you please help me?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The 65 year young CEO and founder of Oracle corporation earned $1.84 billion in Salary over the last decade and is the highest paid CEO of the decade. Mr. Ellison,...
Hi I am a final year Electronics and telecom student . I want to do some biomedical project that also uses some communication thing. Need suggestions regarding topics . All...
Hello All, Very excited about this place to get feedback, knowledge, and your unbias engineering voice in regards to my engineering video game for students. My name is Ray Shingler,...
I am planing to do the project for my final year on auto irrigation and crop management i need to use more than six sensors and display etc which micro...
Hello friends....Material for GATE and Technical Job Exams prepared by IIT alumni is available at www(dot)btechguru.com