Reasons to hate PHP and reasons to love it!

zaveri
Whats PHP ?
It's a horrible programming language which powers most of the websites on internet. There are some reports people dying by just looking at PHP code.

Replies

• avii
    avii
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Out of point-- but why dont you consider the option of Ruby on rails?
    Xenforo, which CE runs on, written in PHP.

Xenforo is really awesome. It became really popular and gained business quickly. Now it has gaining good market share in BB business. Sadly, its written using PHP. *silently weeps*
  • avii
    avii
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Which language are you a fan of? PHP works fine; even on large scale deployments; you see.
    not fan of any language. just I hate PHP. and yes, it can scale well, no doubts about it. And no issues with performance also. I agree to that. Just that the way the language was created and the way it is coded makes me angry.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    not fan of any language. just I hate PHP. and yes, it can scale well, no doubts about it. And no issues with performance also. I agree to that. Just that the way the language was created and the way it is coded makes me angry.
    I think we can have an interesting discussion here. Why not start a new discussion to see if we can explore the topic. 👍
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    avii
    PHP is not that bad man, i am not sure on which basis you hate it so much

Can you please give the reason? or I guess you love python?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It turns out that we've pretty biased views about PHP programming language. I'm dedicating this discussion to seek opinions from either sides. Moving in older discussions to this thread so that we can continue here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

To give a much needed boost to the fields of Fog Harvesting, Membrane Research or even Biological Sensing, a new method developed by the awesome researchers at the Oak Ridge...
Rolls-Royce has launched its latest Drophead Coupé Waterspeed Collection as a tribute to English speed-racer Sir Malcolm Campbell. It was in 1937 when he speeded over 202 kmph in his...
hi, i want to enter in embedded field , so i am thinking of leaving the job and doing the pg diploma course in embedded systems from CDAC (i am...
Sistema Shyam Teleservices - the CDMA based telecom operator, has launched a new app called MBuddy that aims to make lives of students easier by helping them keep track of...
Hosachiguru is a Bangalore-based startup by a team of the trio - Sriram Chitlur, Srinath Setty and Ashok Kumar. They have developed a product that can be an attractive alternative...