Reason behind the name ISO 9000 and ISO 14000

What does the numbers 9000, 14000 and other such things denote in ISO?
Why they are named so?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There are lots of international standards for various purposes. Each has a unique identification number. The ISO for Quality Systems has the number 9000.

For example, ISO 5840 is the standard for artificial heart valve prosthesis. Any maker of such a device must conform to this standard if the device should get approval like CE.

ST55 is the number for American National Standard for table top sterilizers and so on.
  • madhu27
    madhu27
    Thank you sir....How do they pick the numbers 5840,9000,etc...Doesn't they have reason?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have a year gap in Engg. am i ELIGIBLE? I have 700 something people above me in DAC can any1 suggest some good centres in MUMBAI n PUNE ?
Integrated Ideas is putting across an effort to get it's products available to a wide audience across the globe. We have been active in developing some of the fascinating stuff....
Tyres used in every automobiles are balck in colour why? and why they dont use other colours?
What happens if we pump jet fuel into normal cars, bikes, trucks, etc., as we achieve highspeed ?
hi friends, I have a little bit of confusion that whenever i used to shutdown my computer a dialog box always appear written that "other people are logged on to...