Rear axles of autorickshaws

i have just heard from one of my friends that , the popular autorickshaws made by bajaj do not have differentials in their rear axles. is this true ?

if so, then how does the vehicle make-do without it ? what exactly is the design of its rear axle ? is it a single-piece rigid axle shaft ? or does it consist of an alternate mechanism apart from the differential , with functions of reducing tire wear, and facilitating easy turns ?

Replies

• mechky
    mechky
    In auto rickshaws, the engine is mounted on the rear. The whole system would probably be very much similar to that of front-wheel drive cars or tata nano.
    Differential is present in auto rickshaws. Axle is not rigid.
  • Amit Krupal
    Amit Krupal
    Well, In Compact Automobiles with FF (Front engine Front Wheel Drive) or RR (Rear Engine Rear Wheel Drive) uses Differential integrated Gearbox for more Compactness. In this case Auto rickshaws also have Differentials integrated into their Gearbox [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what are the methods employed for manufacturing the engine sub-components ? is metal casting process employed for any of them, because as we know that the products of casting process...
How much is the difference between regular course and weekend course for GATE coaching ?
I have an upcoming test tomorrow and my classmates and I are struggling to solve a few problem that the professor gave us. He gave us 4 sample problems and...
To explain the kind of switching I'm trying to achieve, let me give a background story first 😁 I'm currently working on a project of making a carbon monoxide concentration...
Somebody please help me with this. I need explanations and working. 85(base 10) 85/8=10.......5 10/8=1.........2 1/8 =0.........1 Answer: 125(base 8) Why does the coversion of base numbers can be correctly...