Reading Atlas Shrugged

I read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged in the past year.
It is indeed inspiring is many aspects. Still Atlas Shrugged is something I'd like to discuss with all the avid readers here.

I got my hands on Atlas Shrugged after hearing a lot of feedback from people all over the Internet. So I was already trying to find a great book even as I started reading it.

The reading phase was very slow, and I confess that I skipped majority of John Galt's radio speech! But the book had its influence on me, like making me more diligent at the works I do.

I would like to know how much Atlas Shrugged changed you, and how much do you agree with the idea of the book. Can people live entirely according to that philosophy? (Apparently there are people who do and they are forming cults). This is a neutral question.

I'd love to hear your views πŸ˜€

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have just grabbed the book and still searching for free time to start reading it.

I know that CEan ES has read the book last year.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @AKD ~
    Do start reading. Although it is a huge book, It think you'll manage it with your super-fast reading skills πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ET: Yes, I am dying to..

But the font is so small! 😲 :shock:

Well no excuses anymore. :shifty:
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have read Atlas Shrugged!
    Read John's speech again! Its worth reading.

I was much impressed by the concept of the book "What happens if the primemover stops moving?"

Moreover, I am a fan of Howard Roark the character in the book "Fountain Head" by Ayn Rand. I dont know byt I love that book! I have read it around 7 times now and each time I get new inspitations from that book.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    I grabbed also the hard copy ,will start soon πŸ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @ English-Scared ~
    Every time I meet people who've read Fountainhead, I see that every one of them has read the book more than once.
    Now, that is very tempting! I shall get hold of Fountainhead soon πŸ˜€

Atlas Shrugged had a significant influence on me, mostly while I was reading it. It had a certain command to change he way we did things.
    But I couldn't completely accept all the corporate elements in the story. We can't always keep working, or keep our mind intesely focused all the time.
    In a while we should take a break and let ourselves be sloppy, or lazy just to grab fresh energy πŸ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    After hearing the comments about Atlas shrugged and Fountain pen I'm highly tempted!

I will get those books soon and start reading!
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Er, Fountain pen? I'm afraid it is FountainHead πŸ˜€
    Atlas Shrugged has too many pages and a really small font. Don't lose your enthusiasm though, just telling!

BTW I started reading John Galt's speech again.
  • Reya
    Reya
    oh sorry i typed wrongly.I have heard about that book!
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Its the reason why I do not give alms to beggars, like Capitalism and have become more selfish πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It’s in news that the Bihar Government will start using Android devices to help engineers control the road construction work from their district headquarters. The work is expected to begin...
There are rumors that Motorola might be the first company to launch Dual SIM Android mobile in India called Motorola Glam XT 800. The phone will support GSM+CDMA network. The...
As the title says, this is just a thought. We get CE real time notifications as alert boxes. Can this be converted to floating pop ups which doesn't interfere with...
Hello i have question i search it but i couldn't find it . i have a project about computer network.so i decide to design an ids i have about 2...
😁 Wishing CEan EternalThinker aka Rahul a very happy birthday and a successful year ahead. πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰