Reactions calculation

Dear Friends, i have to face a problem in calculation of reactions from these equations
R1 + R2 + R3 = 40
0.625R1 + 0.275R2 = 9
0.275R3 - 0.35R1 = 2
0.625R3 + 0.35R2 = 16
0.175R2 + 0.45R3 - 0.175R1 = 9
Please calculate R1, R2, R3 and tell me i m very thankful to you.

Replies

• Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    Mention the procedure if you feel it easy!!!!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There seems to be a redundancy in this. Only three independent equations are required for three variables.
    There are four here.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    To much of data to solve the equations I would say there is some minor error which makes it not feasible for solving these equations
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    bioramani
    There seems to be a redundancy in this. Only three independent equations are required for three variables.
    There are four here.
    But sir we are here at upper position because we have more equations then no. of unknowns so what is the reason that corresponding reactions are indeterminate.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Ammar Aziz
    But sir we are here at upper position because we have more equations then no. of unknowns so what is the reason that corresponding reactions are indeterminate.
    In this problem the data given has a little error and so makes solving not possible you see
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    jeffrey samuel
    In this problem the data given has a little error and so makes solving not possible you see
    error of what type. i assure you that the data is correct. but if you have objection then what is the criteria on which we decide that whether the reactions are indeterminate or not.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Ammar Aziz
    error of what type. i assure you that the data is correct. but if you have objection then what is the criteria on which we decide that whether the reactions are indeterminate or not.
    What are these reactions that you are referring to? Reaction to a force? Are these experimental equations? If these are mechanical forces and if some non linear thing like thixotropic substances are involved forces can be indeterminate.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    is this problem from finite element methods
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    bioramani
    What are these reactions that you are referring to? Reaction to a force? Are these experimental equations? If these are mechanical forces and if some non linear thing like thixotropic substances are involved forces can be indeterminate.
    actually these equations are derived from the analysis of a beam hanging horizontally with three springs. at the same time we apply two loads on two loading hangers attached with the above mentioned beam. these equations are derived by considering the equilibrium condition and applying the "sum of moments around a particular point due to all forces is zero" principle. actually the reactions which i mention in my post are the reaction forces to applied loads. and it is the springs which react to the applied load by generating upward forces in beam. now i think situation is clear.
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    it is a very simple case but i wonder what factors resist in calculation of reactions
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That part is clear now. Thanks. However, how were these four equations generated? There cannot be four independent equations in three variables.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There are FIVE equations not four. Are these simultaneously applicable? Only simultaneous equations can be evaluated. If these are based on operations under different conditions, then there may be no valid solution.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear All, If any one could provide some video tutorial of Good professionals/professors (IITS/NITs/Google or some other top universities)in C programming.Which may help me to learn all the concepts(Arrays/Pattern pgm/string...
I am Azar. I did my BE in ECE. I would like to do some extra course meanwhile so that it would be useful for me to get a good...
Can any one tell that how can we increase the system performance while using internet.?
It is expected that in Jharkhand 15 to 30% Drilled tube wells silted or collapsed in 2 to 3 years and get choked, here UPVC casing pipes are used, it...
Guys the topics as suggested in the thread https://www.crazyengineers.com/community/threads/weekly-tech-discussion-topic-suggestion.60259/ And other topics which received second maximum votes in the previous Weekly discussion topic selection threads are all taken for this...