Raymond Chen says "Windows three point O contained three Kernels"

The 16-bit Windows, technically; had three Kernels.
1) If you're using 8086 Processor
2) If you're using 80826 Processor
3) If you're using 80836 Processor

The 8086 Kernel had totally different codes than other two.But, on looking upon it's been found that 80826 & 80836 had almost all similar codes.

Another difference as told by Raymond Chen "The difference between 80286 & 80386 Kernels weren't based whether you're running Standard or Enhanced Mode.If you're running on an 80386 Processor,then you get 80386 Kernel regardless of which mode of Windows you're using.Since Enhanced Mode Windows required 80386 processor,the behaviour of Standard & Enhanced Mode was restricted to Processor 80386".

For more information read : #-Link-Snipped-#

I would rather say subscribe to his blog !

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, I am in my final year of Telecommunication Engineering. The project upon which I wish to work on is with regards to a wheelchair which works on wrist...
Samsung has slashed the price of their flagship phone, Galaxy S3 in India. The latest price at which you can grab this spectacular phone is Rs. 28900. Note that in...
hello! i gotta problem with my phone, it just shutdown itself and when i try turn on , don't stand bye, like turn on and of till charge is out....
Hey guys, Am a Vegetarian, being so the following instances to worth to remember. 1. It happened in the college, HOSTEL DAY function. Hostel day had a huge menu but...
i would like to start a new discussion on how to know and what are the best ways to learn autocad more quickly and efficiently and some in detailed analysis...