RationHut is Pune's online grocery store

RationHut has entered the online grocery store domain and seems to be doing a good job of delivering grocery at your doorstep. The service lets you make an order online and then delivers it at your doorstep. If your order amount is above Rs. 500, the home delivery is free.

RationHut's online catalogue offers about 3500 products to choose from and there are two delivery slots - morning & evening. I think that'd make it convenient for the Pune's IT folks to get the items at a convenient time.

The startup has been doing about 20 orders a day with an average order size approximately Rs. 1000.

What do you think? Getting grocery delivered at your doorstep is going to see traction in future or people will prefer going to malls & BigBazaar personally to order stuff?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    What do you think? Getting grocery delivered at your doorstep is going to see traction in future or people will prefer going to malls & BigBazaar personally to order stuff?
    We have a garage kind of grocery store near our house. They do home delivery even for Rs.50 orders. A 20 litre mineral water bottle costing Rs.50 is delivered free at home on a phone call as are medicines from the small pharmacy next to that. All dairy stuff also delivered. Any special products like butter, paneer and such delivered on order a bit later. Delivery charge Rs.30/month.

Very few in our layout go to malls for routine stuff.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I prefer shopping for grocery from our family shopkeeper (a la family doctor ๐Ÿ˜ ). He knows our preferences and knows about our family. He too does home delivery and doesn't charge a paisa extra.

But home delivery at a preferred time might be a need at metros.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian IT companies are awesome. I've several friends in IT and they tell me their admin/system/IT department refuses to upgrade their web-browsers to latest version of Internet Explorer, and don't...
Hello Engineer's I am developing a shopping cart application in which number of images are used to show the items. Any shopkeeper can submit the item's information with images using...
LG might be the underdog of the smartphone markets in India, but the company's definitely doing well with their Optimus brand. Much awaited Optimus G might make it to Indian...
hi guys i tried to access my yahoo id thru hp tab unfortunately the id got locked also my alternate email id is deleted can anybody help me pls my...
sir, please suggest me some ppt topics anyone related mechanical....but should be unique....