Raspberry Pi moving in God-speed !!

Softwares for RPi is increasing at very great pace. After several core linux distros like FreeBSD, NetBSD, Chromium, Puppy, OpenWRT, Marshmallow Ent. System & Aros, RPi has announced more than a dozen more platforms. Ubuntu will not be able to join as Ubuntu requires Armv7 while RPi is ARMv6.Anyway, some other hot distros like Fedora Remix, Debian, Arch, Android, Gentoo & many others have been included.
About 20 programming languages are available like Perl, Java, Python,Basic, Ruby & many more.
For more detail : Teach, learn, and make with the Raspberry Pi Foundation

Any CEan own Raspberry Pi ?
-Eager to Know-

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I own one, but its now with my friend since I came out.
    Even ordered a couple of TI Stellaris Launchpad to work on some fun things.

However, I did'nt got much chance to work on pi, I hope I will get some free time to explore it better.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    well if i have an interest in buying one what are the basic things that i need to know in terms of programming and all. i mean i have windows(98-8) 😀 and never used linux or any other operating system. please help me to get started with the basic stuff.
  • avii
    avii
    I have two model A Pi & one model B. My friend is heavily into Pi development, soon I will be joining him. Pi forum is a great place to start.

PS - I am also using it as a downloader.

EDIT: I have all 3 model Bs only, with different memory capacity.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#, can you guys share you experiences of using Raspi here? It would be nice for the CE community to discuss on it 😀 I wanted to order one myself for testing, but got sidetracked with other work.
  • avii
    avii
    ^I am more interested in development perspective, so not exactly a user 😛

from here you can start : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    #-Link-Snipped-#, As I said, I just didn't got much chance to get hands on that. However, I would recommend you order one. You won't be disappointed for sure.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please help me with the review for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
What up CEans, I know most of you would've watched Transformers movies (if not series). The quotes of Transformers are kinda motivating & funny. I will drop some of my...
Assume Earth is gonna end on 21st December.We CEans are very creative, so we made a very big bunker where all CEans will stay when armageddon happens(Bunker is safe from...
i am last year student of ece (b.tech) and i want to learn about automation (plc,scada & dcs) in 6th month training. which type of training is better in industary...
hello sirs, i need topic for my thesis, can you please suggest. im looking for automation, control system, or PLC based project, please list all possible thesis project.