Ramalinga Raju is 4th in Forbes CEO - Hall of Shame 2009

Forbes has put the ex. Satyam top boss - Mr. Ramalinga Raju at #4 in the hall of shame.

Quoted from forbes -

B. Ramalinga Raju (No. 4) was living in his own fantasy world. The founder of the Indian outsourcing company #-Link-Snipped-# ( #-Link-Snipped-# - #-Link-Snipped-# - #-Link-Snipped-#), he confessed in January to overstating Satyam's profits over several years and creating a fictitious cash balance of more than $1 billion. He invented more than 10,000 fictitious employees to help him steal money from the company, and he used his mother's name to buy land with the proceeds. He confessed, but has yet to face charges in court.

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Was really a bad thing in Indian corporate history
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Shows why India is 1st in Black Money and 1st in having more poor people and yet to be a developed Nation.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    @dileep: What do you mean by that?
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    i don't think that due to this satyam scandal we are a poor country...we are working hard and our country is progressing at a good rate..may be in few years we will be a developed country ....
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Well I mean so far..it's been full of corruption
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Ramlinga raju is only an example,I must say because of not only him there are many politicians and other higher officials who is also responsible for everything.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Pardon me if i am wrong CEans because it was only my views.
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    INDIA is not a poor country INDIA is a rich country with large number of poor people ..

may be the main reason of the poverty in the country is the use of traditional techniques in agriculture..and we are not using our resources properly....
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    dileep k
    Shows why India is 1st in Black Money and 1st in having more poor people and yet to be a developed Nation.
    If these kind of people had not been there then India would have been a developed nation by now!
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    you are right vishnupriya but still the immense power India holds currently is unmatched

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any simulator for GIS application,
CEans, As many of you are aware, we will start our active promotion in January. The plan is to send 3 posters of CE to every college in India, targeting...
Here's wishing CEan AbraKaDabra a very happy birthday. To those who don't know, CEan AbraKaDabra runs lot of things on CE from behind the scenes. 🎉:myparty:🎉
Download freaks, just head over to Firefox web browser | Help us test the latest beta and get your latest firefox 3.6 with lots of bug fixes. Enjoy!
Hi folks, I belive many bike lovers are their among us...so when will R125 launch in India...any wild guess.Well i heard from Yamaha India to launch same in 2nd quater...