Rajnikanth Movie Robot Reviews

CEans,

Rajnikanth is a superstar in South Asian sub continents. His latest movie, Robot is releasing today all over the world.

Why not post reviews of the movie? 😀 I'm sure we've lots of fans here 😁

Replies

• cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yeah i'l post the review by tomorrow because i'm going for the movie tomorrow 😁

it is real tough to get the tickets here in Chennai. fans are going crazy

one can surely expect lots from the Shankar-Rajini-Rahman combo.

hope it won't disappoint.

anyone watching the movie today? do post the review 😀
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I got an email on the review already!

here it is...

Cast & Crew : Rajinikanth, Aishwarya Rai, Danny Denzongpa
    Director : S. Shankar
    Music : A. R. Rahman
    Genre : Drama, Sci-Fi
    Length : 2 hrs 55 mins
    Writer : S. Shankar , V. Balakumaran, Sujatha Rangarajan
    Rating : 4/5
    It is…

Robo movie completely proves the fact that Shankar is the best among the indian directors.

Plot:
    Robo is a typical science fiction movie in which Rajinikanth plays a dual role of a scientist and a robot. The scientist Dr. Vaseegaran creates a robot with artificial intelligence and names it as Chitti. The robot eventually falls in love with Sharmili, a character played by Aishwarya Rai. The robot starts writing romantic poems and behaves like a human being. Being aware of the extraordinary artificial intelligence of the robot, the villains try to get hold of the robot. The scientist then fights back to prevent the robot from falling prey to the enemies. The story then revolves around the battle between the scientist and the evil forces.

Review in Brief :

Dr.Vasi(Rajnikanth) creates a robot for 10 years to help the society in need.
    Special Features of robot : A human who is not born, but is created. He can dance, sing, fight, is water and fire resistant. He can do all that a human can and more. He feeds on electricity. He takes instructions literally. Where a human can lie to save himself, this robot cannot lie.
    Where he has a razor sharp memory and can memorize an entire telephone directory by just running through the pages, he cannot understand human emotions. Dr. Vasi upgrades Chitti’s processor and simulates human emotions without realizing the repercussions. Chitti gets transformed. He can now feel and the first feeling that he discovers is Love. Will this love come in the way of Dr. Vasi’s purpose of creating Chitti? Will Dr. Vasi’s own creation destroy him?
    A title like ROBOT automatically puts tremendous responsibility and pressure on the director’s shoulders. And ROBOT is not merely a display of VFX, but it also has soul, a story to tell. At first, ROBOT comes across as a clash between the virtuous and wicked [Danny Denzongpa]. But ROBOT changes gears in its post-interval portions as the focus shifts to the creator [Rajnikant] and his creation [Rajnikant].

WHAT’S GOOD…

It’s a Rajnikant film and it would be incomplete if his loyal fans don’t get to watch his stylish actions and feats. Thankfully, ROBOT showcases it all. He can glide on the railway tracks, run horizontally on a moving train, transform into an Anaconda, can swallow helicopters and even fire at people with his fingers, without using a pistol. These are truly clap-trap moments!
    Even otherwise, the screenplay is really well penned and absorbing. While the film is a super ride from start to end, it’s the penultimate 25 minutes that leaves you awe-struck and speechless. You can’t imagine a Hindi film having such an out of the world climax. There will be pandemonium inside theatres when the climax unfolds, I am sure. Let me confess, it’s the mother of all climaxes!
    Only thing, Shankar could’ve controlled the length of the film. It could’ve been shorter by at least 10 to 15 minutes, which includes doing away with a song or two. Of course, like all Shankar movies, the songs are filmed most imaginatively on exotic locales, but what’s the point of having songs if they act as speed breakers?
    That Shankar ranks amongst India’s best directors is well known by now and ROBOT only cements the fact. His vision and execution of the difficult subject deserves the highest praise, in fact distinction marks. He not only dreams big, but the outcome is incredible too. A.R. Rahman’s music doesn’t compliment the content of the film, but like I pointed out earlier, every song has been filmed exquisitely. The action and chase sequences are outstanding [Yuen Woo Ping, action choreographer in the MATRIX and KILL BILL sequels, was the stunt coordinator]. Visual effects are spectacular [Stan Winston Studio, the studio behind JURASSIC PARK, PREDATOR, TERMINATOR, IRON MAN, AVATAR, provided the animatronics technology]. Cinematography captures the grand production values with precision. The locations of Austria, Machu Picchu in Peru, U.S.A. and Brazil only enhance the visual appeal of the film. The sets are mind-blowing. Dubbing is near-perfect.
    ROBOT is a Rajnikant show from start to end. And no other actor, not from Bollywood at least, would be able to do what he does with such amazing ease. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan looks stunning and acts most convincingly. Danny Denzongpa is efficient, as always. The remaining actors enact their parts well.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Holy Kaw! I'm watching it tonight @ 10 😁 Already booked the tickets 😁
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    :evil:hey biggie you are making me jealous 😡
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    I am still waiting for the reviews then i will go 😛
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i'm waiting for tomorrow evening 😁 can't wait. 😀
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    watched the movie... 😁

awesome... 👍

but some scenes and songs brought down the speed of the movie 😐

it would have been super cool sans those scenes and songs

but overall awesome work 😀

must watch
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anyone knows what's his next moving is?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    his next (animation) film "Sultan. The warrior" directed by his daughter soundarya is due release in a few months time. he's not released his next project 😀
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Waiting to watch the movie this weekend 😀
    Heard really good comments about the movie !
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    The movie is superb.The technical work and rajini's acting in negative role as Robot was impressive and the climax of the movie is outstanding.

seems shankar is planning for Robot-2
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Nobody posted the robot's config! Anyway here is what I could find out:

Processor - 1 TeraHZ

Memory - 1 Zetta Byte

Now, that's a killer config!! 😁
    Eagerly waiting for a chance to see the movie
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yeah the robot keeps introducing himself throughout the movie as

hello! i'm chitti the robot.

Processor - 1 TeraHZ

Memory - 1 Zetta Byte
    i loved his character 😀
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I watched the movie!

Its superb! I loved the movie!!

Ash is very cute 😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    going to watch the movie tomorrow with class friends😀😀Mass bunk😀was waiting to watch😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

dear friends, did any one did a project on interfacing mobile phone sms to microcontroller i.e i want to send an sms a mobile phone and the micro controller must...
guys...im a 3rd mech diploma student. i have decided to do a project on vapour absorption system using exhaust gas heat...hows it ?? plzz give ur suggestions...always welcomed..soon
ratify (v): to approve formally or officially raucous (adj): harsh or rough-sounding rebuff (v): to reject; to snub; to refuse abruptly
sally (n): A sudden rushing attack; an excursion; an expedition; a repartee; a clever rejoinder salutary (adj): beneficial; wholesome savant (n): A scholar; a very knowledgeable and learned person savant...
table(v): to remove from consideration tardy (adj): late terse (adj): brief; concise; to the point