Rajasthan Royals pip Knight Riders via 'Super Over' drama

This one went down to the wire, literally. But in the end, Shane Warne’s Rajasthan Royals had the last laugh, with the defending champions defeating the Kolkata Knight Riders in the ‘Super Over’ after both teams were tied on 150. Yusuf Pathan followed up his superb 21-ball 42 during the Royals’ innings, with 18 (two sixes and a four) in the ‘super over’ as the winners clinched the nerve-wracking contest at the Newlands on Thursday night.

Earlier, even before Shamita, sister of Rajasthan Royals owner Shilpa Shetty, could settle down in her seat, rain came down in full force. Sure, in the #-Link-Snipped-# there was disappointment all around the Royals’ box with Shilpa looking glum and depressed. It wasn’t without reason. Her team had been thrashed by the Bangalore Royal Challengers in the opener, while the second contest against the Mumbai Indians was completely washed out.

Replies

• arunhero99
    arunhero99
    I'm a great fan of Shahrukh. But I enjoyed watching his smile vanish when Pathan fired those shots. KKR really is a dead meat team.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Yusuf was Super Hero for Super Over
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Poor Mendis!!!!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I do not think it was a great idea to handover the ball to spinner in a super over?

Is it? A hitter like Pathan can hit any spinner out of park.

Kamran did a great Job !! Young speedy.... a great career ahead.

-CB
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    yeah ..really .what was he thinking when he gave the ball to mendis??
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    must be his bowling during the match (4 overs he bowled during normal time)

-😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why the below code works fine without any compile time or runtime errors? #include “stdio.h” int main() { a('c'); return 0; } a(char* ch, int i) { printf("%c\n", ch); }...
Hi ceans, am a 3rd year student of bsc (information management system).... am in big dilema in choosing my career .. so pls suggest me something.
i am looking for a material or combonation of materials (i.e. gas in a glass box) that will light up when a current is passed through it, but not so...
Hi and Hello to the Crazy People, We are starting a Medical College in India. We need help to prepare a business Plan. We intend to start a Medical College...
hi guys i m fresher plz give me some ideas n innovative things about electroonics.😁be a winner........